Motherboard
Mac Pro
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello. First timer here...trying to find info on which motherboard would work with the Avid HDX card for Pro Tools. I'm reading that I have to be careful which one I choose but I am not seeing specific recommendations. I know there are audio specific builds on the site, but again will these work with the HDX card? And I need Thunderbolt 3. I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!

Dave

Hello. First timer here...trying to find info on which motherboard would work with the Avid HDX card for Pro Tools. I'm reading that I have to be careful which one I choose but I am not seeing specific recommendations. I know there are audio specific builds on the site, but again will these work with the HDX card? And I need Thunderbolt 3. I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!

Dave
+1 - myself and a few fellow engineers here in Nashville are all ready to build as well - have done some searching but haven't seen someone getting HDX to work with UAD octo card AND thunderbolt.

Appreciate any advice the vets have....

Kent

+1 - myself and a few fellow engineers here in Nashville are all ready to build as well - have done some searching but haven't seen someone getting HDX to work with UAD octo card AND thunderbolt.

Appreciate any advice the vets have....

Kent

Cant help you with the UAD stuff, but running two HDX hacks in studio with the build in my sig. The first time I had to flash the HDX card in a windows box before the hack would recognize it. Other that than, rock solid ever since. My first build, TB was just too flaky, so not using it anymore. HDX connected to Lynx Aura in both cases.

Good luck

The first time I had to flash the HDX card in a windows box before the hack would recognize it.

hello, please could you give all details about how you did ?
which OSX version you're using ?

Also running HDX and Pro Tools (12.x) GB Motherboard and ram are working great.
Occasional 7100 errors in PT, but no more than on my Mac Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back