Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
Looking for some advice on building a i5/ i7 hack with pci/ pci-x slot for Echo layla3g to run logic pro...
Been looking and getting oh so confused:crazy:
Any help would be greatly appreciated
TIA

Hi all,
Looking for some advice on building a i5/ i7 hack with pci/ pci-x slot for Echo layla3g to run logic pro...
Been looking and getting oh so confused:crazy:
Any help would be greatly appreciated
TIA

As far as I know, there are no drivers for an Intel-based Macintosh (or Hackintosh) for the Echo PCI cards. They are PowerPC only.

In fact,

there are drivers from echo which do work on recent Macs: http://echoaudio.com/pages/mac-os-x-software.
However, it's still useless, as recent Intel Macs do not support PCI, there's no way to get the PCi Echo to run on a recent Intel Mac/Hack.

I got two i7 3770 firewire builds running logic with Alesis io26 (meanwhile, the drivers are ok) and an Echo Audiofire12 (as always, great drivers from Echo), both work hassle-free and stable on Hackintosh.

Not sure though I would go for Firewire, if I was going to get a new card today.

Rgds,

What is the best way to record on windows with an echo audio product and then transfer or use the same reference file for osx? For example my layla24 works fine on windows 7 on my 4530s. Should I record the tracks to a shared drive accesses by my OS X partition (the 4530s is a dual boot)? What format would I make the shared drive?

So I'd record a track using layla24 and windows 7. Turn computer off. Turn computer on but boot with OSX instead of windows 7. Can I work with the track recorded under windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back