Contribute
Register

Build Check for osx sierra/win10 dual boot system

Status
Not open for further replies.
After several hours of research, This is what I'm planning to build:

The question is, should there be any problems (incompatible parts) in the installation progress? I plan to install windows 10 first so I've got something to fall back on, and Sierra afterwards (or El Capitan if Sierra should be a big problem)

I got most items from the Buyers Guide for CustoMac Pro, besides the graphics card.

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
2x Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (1 for mac, 1 for win)
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello quezeltje,
Parts look good. 650W might be good enough to handle that 980. Check on a PSU calculator for the wattage your build will need. Also if you want WiFi and BT you will need a better card like this one:
FV-T919 Desktop 802.11AC Wifi Bluetooth 4.0 Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10+ Hackintosh

Installing windows 1 is ok but remember that the SSD needs to be formatted 1st under OS X. Please search for threads on Dual Booting.

Installing windows 1 is ok but remember that the SSD needs to be formatted 1st under OS X. Please search for threads on Dual Booting.

Thanks for the advice, I'm using two ssd's, so isn't it possible to instal windows first (since it is easier) the unplug the ssd and instal macosx on the other?

Thanks for the advice, I'm using two ssd's, so isn't it possible to instal windows first (since it is easier) the unplug the ssd and instal macosx on the other?
Yes. See dual booting UEFI separate drives in the Installation->Multi Booting forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back