Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everybody,

I'm a mac user (Mac pro 1,1) and i have some questions about hacking a mac. Particularly about the material :rolleyes:

First one : I'm a graphic designer and i do 3D and motion. I have no idea of how to build a PC :eek: but i'm determined to try !! but could you tell me what is better : buy a PC and hack it or buy all the pieces of PC (mother card, processor, ram etc...), build and hack...
I want a very fast machine, and i think it's will be necessary to choose each piece to have it... But, i'm not an expert ! What is the best way ?

Second question : I have a ATI Radeon HD 5770 in my Mac Pro. If i buy or build a PC, could i use my ATI Radeon in my hackintosh ?

Last but not least : Imagine that i have my PC. I hack it and install SnowLeopard whith my DVD. After, could i copy all my macpro into my new hackPro :)

Voilà merci d'avance ! ;)

allibaba said:
Hello everybody,

I'm a mac user (Mac pro 1,1) and i have some questions about hacking a mac. Particularly about the material :rolleyes:

First one : I'm a graphic designer and i do 3D and motion. I have no idea of how to build a PC :eek: but i'm determined to try !! but could you tell me what is better : buy a PC and hack it or buy all the pieces of PC (mother card, processor, ram etc...), build and hack...
I want a very fast machine, and i think it's will be necessary to choose each piece to have it... But, i'm not an expert ! What is the best way ?

Second question : I have a ATI Radeon HD 5770 in my Mac Pro. If i buy or build a PC, could i use my ATI Radeon in my hackintosh ?

Last but not least : Imagine that i have my PC. I hack it and install SnowLeopard whith my DVD. After, could i copy all my macpro into my new hackPro :)

Voilà merci d'avance ! ;)

It's very odd to here that in the 21th century there's someone who don't know how to build a PC. :lol: Just joking... :)

The best is that you choose the parts each by each. You can use the HD5770, sure. And better to go with Lion. :)

Thanks for your answer Mate94 :)

Yes !! it's a shame !! iknow :oops: :p
I'm happy to learn that i could use my HD 5770 ! But i'm afraid to imagine me... lost between a processor a fan and 3 hard disk etc...

Could you advise me about which mother bord to buy, processor etc...

Is it possible to have multi processor with core i7 ?

What is the best for RAM...? DDR 3 1600 exact ?

I thank you ! :)

Hi, allibaba!

Welcome to the Hackintosh world. I was a long time Mac user/owner starting with an Apple IIc+ and my 1st Mac was a SE/30 which I still have.

I build my 1st computer in September 2010 from a list of components in the Fall 2010 tonymacx86 Recommend Builds (CustoMac Build #1). I was surprised how easy it was to assemble and install Mac OS X.

I recommend you read my build descriptions in my signature block to get an idea of how easy it is to build a Hackintosh. Like you, there's a guy who's name is EddyMac and who build a system just like my Z68 system (which I call Zorro). EddyMac's a Mac Pro owner who's first "build" was a system like Zorro.

So, don't feel like the "Lone Ranger." Check out the tonymacx86 updated Recommended Builds link in my signature block for more info.

Hi not sure if you can use the G/card out of your Mac! as your building a pc based system I think that the firmware for the Graphics card is totally different for a pc!

besides if your building a Hackintosh you will have to stick with PC components, I don't think that any of your Mac parts are interchangeable apart from ssd sata drives and maybe some memory!

@Stork
Thank you Stork !!! Your links are very helpful !!
I'm happy to see that few years ago, you did in the same situation of mine ! And now you seems to be an expert !!! I hope that my adventure in the hackWorld will be as easy as you said ! :)

@Rayrosher
Thank you Rayrosher !! Perhaps you're right about my ATI... unfortunately :(
I've notice the high end machine and your Specs !! It is very helpful too for me !! Thx !!:)

It's only since a few hours that i'm swimming in the hack's Ocean and i'm happy to see island and people who give me lifebelt !!! :)

To be continued... :)

I am pretty sure the graphics card would work fine. I have seen others on the forum use it. If anything it would be better as it is the actual model Apple uses curently, but I would never purchase it brand new cause it costs way too much for what it gives. I guess that is why we are all on a hackintosh forum, right :lol: ?

Stork said:
I recommend you read my build descriptions in my signature block to get an idea of how easy it is to build a Hackintosh. Like you, there's a guy who's name is EddyMac and who build a system just like my Z68 system (which I call Zorro). EddyMac's a Mac Pro owner who's first "build" was a system like Zorro.

So, don't feel like the "Lone Ranger." Check out the tonymacx86 updated Recommended Builds link in my signature block for more info.

Hello Stork !
I'll try to adopt Zorro !!! :) I love this guy ! But i've a question:
Can i follow your build of Zorro with this processor :
http://www.amazon.fr/Intel-Processeur-Desktop-Socket-Version/dp/B004NTDXU8/
for example...

Must i change the mobo ?
and last question :) what is the difference between this two processor ?

Thank you!!! :)
(hey !! i didn't said "mother board" i said "mobo" !!! yeahhh! !!! i'm going ti become an expert!! :))

allibaba said:
Stork said:

Hello Stork !
I'll try to adopt Zorro !!! :) I love this guy ! But i've a question:
Can i follow your build of Zorro with this processor :
for exemple...

Must i change the mobo ?
and last question :) what is the difference between this two processor ?

Thank you!!! :)
(hey !! i didn't said "mother board" i said "mobo" !!! yeahhh! !!! i'm going ti become an expert!! :))
You can't use LGA1366 CPU in LGA1155 motherboard.
And the links are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back