UserIsActive 0
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
InteractivePushServiceTask 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 201(UserEventAgent): [0x0000000c0000015f] 00:02:04 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.EscrowSecurityAlert.daily"
pid 91(apsd): [0x0000000b00000169] 00:00:21 InteractivePushServiceTask named: "com.apple.apsd-connectionestablish-push.apple.com"
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=3/8/14, 10:17 AM description=EHC3 owner=AppleUSBEHCI
id=501 level=255 0x4=USB mod=3/8/14, 10:20 AM description=XHC1 owner=GenericUSBXHCI

Wait for the assertions to clear before testing sleep.

Even fter waiting for the assertions to clear, the laptop will not sleep while on AC power. Any other suggestions?

Frank

To be more clear, the 0x4=USB assertions never seem to clear, but I can sleep just fine on battery power.

Frank

To be more clear, the 0x4=USB assertions never seem to clear, but I can sleep just fine on battery power.

Frank

You don't have to worry about the kernel assertions. Just the others...

Just curious. How did you get the keyboard backlight to work? Did you do any DSDT edits or just worked when you used that dsdt you found on the internet? I've been looking into the asusfnkeys kext and activating the backlight settings in there, but no dice. edited the dsdt that was mentioned in the Elan Touchpad driver 3.5/keyboard v2.0, nothing... the sound fn keys, wifi, screen brightness all work, but not the keyboard backlight...

notation84

Below is the list of kexts that I have in the 10.9 directory in Clover/Kexts folder on the EFI drive. I used the DSDT from the UX32A and Kexts that Conrdolpz posted earlier in this thread. Everything is working well for me, sleep will not properly operate if the AC charger is plugged in. Have you gotten that to work?

Frank

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 9.54.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 9.54.09 PM.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 130
hmmm interesting. I pretty much have the same exact kexts either in there or in the S/L/E, except I got a newer élan touchpad kext (3.5).

As for sleep, still in the situation where it goes to sleep, but doesn't wake up, just boots back down and i have to restart it.

What BIOS version are you running btw? (I'm still on 205, curious if that has something to do with it, likely going to 209 or 210 shortly to see what happens.)

edit: Keyboard Backlight works now after updating my BIOS to 209. Good time to recommend anyone to update to 209 (the latest version as of this post on the asus website) as it seems to have mostly everything working.

Sleep/wake, on the other hand, seems to be the last issue left here.

hmmm interesting. I pretty much have the same exact kexts either in there or in the S/L/E, except I got a newer élan touchpad kext (3.5).

As for sleep, still in the situation where it goes to sleep, but doesn't wake up, just boots back down and i have to restart it.

What BIOS version are you running btw? (I'm still on 205, curious if that has something to do with it, likely going to 209 or 210 shortly to see what happens.)

edit: Keyboard Backlight works now after updating my BIOS to 209. Good time to recommend anyone to update to 209 (the latest version as of this post on the asus website) as it seems to have mostly everything working.

Sleep/wake, on the other hand, seems to be the last issue left here.

For sleep you first need to determine if it is actually going to sleep. Do you see outward indication of sleep? (eg. blinking power LED?)

For sleep you first need to determine if it is actually going to sleep. Do you see outward indication of sleep? (eg. blinking power LED?)

Yep, I'm getting a blinking power LED most of the time when I put it to sleep. Hitting a button on the keyboard makes the power light and fan go back on, but within 5 seconds it shuts down, no wake reason or anything in the system log. I then have to manually reboot the computer.

Yep, I'm getting a blinking power LED most of the time when I put it to sleep. Hitting a button on the keyboard makes the power light and fan go back on, but within 5 seconds it shuts down, no wake reason or anything in the system log. I then have to manually reboot the computer.

You probably need DSDT patches. Likely candidates from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back