Contribute
Register

Buggy DSDT Asus Q501LA, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the same config.plist conradolpz posted.

Asus Q501LA-BBI5T03, which is identical to the one they had, except possibly a wifi/bt adapter.

Would an older bios version (205) have anything to do with it?

Attachments

• cpuz1.png
    cpuz1.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 309
  • cpuz2.png
    cpuz2.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 199
I'm using the same config.plist conradolpz posted.

I'm not going to go searching for it. If you want me to look at, you'll need to provide it.

boom. Sorry about that :)

Not so sure about Kernel=mach_kernel in Boot/Arguments. Arguments are arguments *to* the kernel, so this string is something that is passed to the kernel... at that point the kernel is already loaded. On top of that, it is not necessary.

I'd also try getting rid of the EnableCx states in SSDT. And are you using a custom DSDT? There is one named in ACPI/DSDT/Name. Not necessary as the default name is DSDT.aml in the first place.

The other thing you might do is look at the config.plist(s) in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html.

You will also want to inject ig-platform-id=0x0a260006 (very common for Haswell mobile HD graphics).

Maybe turn off UseIntelHDMI for now. Not important for the install process. Not sure what VideoPorts=3 does.

Also, in case your machine has lapic panic, you might consider turning on KernelLapic (in same section where you see KernelPm).

After a day of trial and error, I found out it had to do with the 64bitdrivers folder in the EFI\Clover folder to get to install.
Got most of the stuff working pretty well after doing what you said in the Configurator, Rehabman. I appreciate it! The kexts and dsdt as well. Thanks FLP and Conradolpz!

i installed a newer ElanTouchpad (v3.5) for added Asus backlit keyboard support, not working yet even with kbacklight toggle on, I read somewhere there might need to be a DSDT edit to work. Can't find it anymore though...

I purchased an Atheros AR5B195 (9285 wifi + 3011 bt) and got wifi working, BT doesn't. Not sure if IOath3kfrmwr.kext isn't working or the chip straight doesnt work. Dual booting into windows 8 I'm having trouble finding the bluetooth device in the device manager, and the downloadable drivers seem to be incompatible with windows 8... =/

edit: I just want to add laptop will come with either an Atheros or Intel Combo Adapter. If you get the Atheros one (which I did) will have a 9485 wifi, which wont work, but the bluetooth will. So I bought this AR5B195, and got inverse results so far.

Other than those 2 things along with sleep/wake and the touch screen (which recognizes), everything works.

What was the issue with clover and the 64 bit driver?

Did you use Conraolpz's dsdt? from the UX32A?

I am running well, but still can't get sleep to work. I tried the kext that Conradolpz used to get sleep working, but that didn't help much. I think I would like to try a "clean" install but I have been through so many variations I need to figure out the "clean" way to get it running.

Frank

The problem was the hfs+ driver wasn't reading the usb.

Yep, I used the DSDT he posted which I'm assuming is working well. (I'm fairly new to the DSDT world). Sleep still doesn't quite work, which in my 5 past hackintoshes, seems like the hardest thing to get working, if not impossible. But if anyone has any ideas, feel free to tell us :)

The problem was the hfs+ driver wasn't reading the usb.

Yep, I used the DSDT he posted which I'm assuming is working well. (I'm fairly new to the DSDT world). Sleep still doesn't quite work, which in my 5 past hackintoshes, seems like the hardest thing to get working, if not impossible. But if anyone has any ideas, feel free to tell us :)

What is the issue with sleep?

You have power management correctly implemented?

As far as I can tell power management is working ok. The system monitors battery level, predicts remaining time on battery, and indicates when the ac adapter is charging the battery. Is that what you are asking?

If so, what do we do to get sleep working?

Thanks,
Frank

Oh, it also control CPU frequency properly. It increases frequency when doing heavy computations and throttles back when lightly loaded to save power.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back