Contribute
Register

[BUG] Black screen 3 minutes after booting, CoffeeLake UHD 630

Yes now is not black anymore but in my case the max brightness is lower than before.
Out of curiosity, what ig-platform-id are you using?

QUOTE="alex10630, post: 1871616, member: 2098188"]hey, you can try my way . no black ,but lost sound[/QUOTE]
What is your way?

Last edited:
It

What is your way?

I have LENOVO Y530 (i7 8750H + UHD630) . I try patch Video,Audio with Intel FB patcher.
then , I found when set Layout id wrong , backlight is ok, no BUG.
but set Layout id correct , black screen is show...

my correct Layout is 3 . then I inject with 4, 5,6...
then display is work fine. I don't know why...

Out of curiosity, what ig-platform-id are you using?
Every single id in clover configurator under coffe lake laptop section works just fine but they give me the problem described above

I have LENOVO Y530 (i7 8750H + UHD630) . I try patch Video,Audio with Intel FB patcher.
then , I found when set Layout id wrong , backlight is ok, no BUG.
but set Layout id correct , black screen is show...

my correct Layout is 3 . then I inject with 4, 5,6...
then display is work fine. I don't know why...
Why the audio layout-id is affecting your screen is beyond me. Unless when you pick a different layout-id it causes your laptop not to boot and that's what you're referring to as the black screen?

Either way, your way doesn't work for anyone else lol.

For you guys that you have still problems, can you try going into sysprefs> display and change resolutions back and forth, see if the screen gets stuck on black screen after a few tries.
Im curious to know that...

Update on my end.

I came across a fork of Whatevergreen by @Fraxul from here that has a patch he just applied to it. So far I'm 10/12 reboots with working backlight and only 2 that went to a black screen upon boot up. This is the best working to not working ratio I've had thus far.
The fork is here: https://github.com/Fraxul/WhateverGreen/tree/1e92070d4d22a832492f339f05ad814c20efddb1
(I pasted the wrong link when I first posted this comment. My bad if you used the original link)
@black.dragon74 you might want to check this out and see if there are any changes for you.

I'm going to do some more testing and see what happens. The big tell all here will be if the random freeze/crash that has been happening because of this framebuffer issue is gone or not.

Attached PR files incase anyone wanted them.

Attachments

• debug_25608.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
So
Here I described the problem I had with the latest build of whatevergreen and Lilu.
For me there is only a slight problem. During the installation of Mojave the brightness was fine but then, when in post-install, I noticed that the brightness was very low compared to before. I can change the brightness in setting but the maximun is not like it should be.
I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/
With that I can finally have full brightness and the slider in settings is working just fine. Then I realised that every 1/4 of boot I got black screen and then after 3 minutes as always is gone. So I removed the SSDT-PNLF.aml but not the kext. At the next reboot I found out that I have the same brightness than before the reboot. I can't modify it because there is no slider, I thinks that is because I removed the .aml patch. For the people that haven't resolve the 3 minutes black screen yet this can be helpful.
For my case I hope in your help

Ps: I would like to have the slider and also the max brightness higher just like in the installer as described in my other post

Attachments

• debug_9901.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Back