Contribute
Register

[BUG] Black screen 3 minutes after booting, CoffeeLake UHD 630

@parasthakur37 you should delete this config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) This is blocking the graphics properties from taking effect. And also in your config you didnt change gfx0 to igpu. Do that also.

Your ioreg shows no AAPL,ig-platform-id inject.
Look at IOACPIPlane:
View attachment 359637
The <09 00 a5 3e> (0x3ea50009) you see in IOService is either something added by WhateverGreen or the native graphics kexts themselves (eg. as a default).

The injections you're trying with config.plist/Graphics are not effective when you have config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) (except as an override of AAPL,ig-platform-id specified in Properties,... but you don't have any such specification).
Hmm, got it.
Got 0x3e9b0000 to show up under IGPU@20000 under device-properties using the Devices/Properties/PciRoot injection.
Still it wont wake up after sleep. Right now I'm writing using the remote computer.
However now, the 3 minute black screen issue is gone. At least for the last 5 reboots.
Here's the PR Files after the wake up (the screen is black, no backlight, no display).
Wish I could tag vit here but I don't know his username.

Attachments

• debug_5494.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
Installed kexts to /L/E and also installed lilufriend.

config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be "Detect" (you have true/YES).

Did not change anything with the brightness issue.

Current status is?

The ALS0 is showing in ioreg but i dont know what it is used for.

It provides a fixed/fake ALS.

We have reached the stage where brighness works more often.

That much is good. Correct the InjectKexts setting and report back.
How often?

Hmm, got it.
Got 0x3e9b0000 to show up under IGPU@20000 under device-properties using the Devices/Properties/PciRoot injection.
Still it wont wake up after sleep. Right now I'm writing using the remote computer.
However now, the 3 minute black screen issue is gone. At least for the last 5 reboots.
Here's the PR Files after the wake up (the screen is black, no backlight, no display).
Wish I could tag vit here but I don't know his username.

It would be a good idea to eliminate unneeded software:
com.globaldelight.driver.Boom2Device
org.pqrs.driver.Karabiner.VirtualHIDDevice.v060800

Your laptop has no BT, no camera? (just don't see these items under XHC, wonder if your USB configuration is correct).

You should continue to experiment with other ig-platform-id values.
Try MacBookPro11,1 (as it is non HWP)

Also, might need VoodooTSCSync (probably not the cause of your black screen, but...)

Does external monitor work after sleep/wake?

It would be a good idea to eliminate unneeded software:
com.globaldelight.driver.Boom2Device
org.pqrs.driver.Karabiner.VirtualHIDDevice.v060800

Your laptop has no BT, no camera? (just don't see these items under XHC, wonder if your USB configuration is correct).

You should continue to experiment with other ig-platform-id values.
Try MacBookPro11,1 (as it is non HWP)

Also, might need VoodooTSCSync (probably not the cause of your black screen, but...)

Does external monitor work after sleep/wake?

1. Deletion done.
2. BT, Camera were disabled by me, I don't need them.
3. As far as ig-platform-id values are concerned, I think 0x3e9b0000 is the closest to my CFL hardware.
4 .Tried MacBookPro11,1 no luck. Still no wake-up, no backlight. Just a black screen.
5 .Installed VoodooTSCSync.
6. By external monitor, I hope you mean the other SKL machine used to remote control this CFL machine using VNC, and yes it does, that's how I got the PR files.

Anyway, the 3 minute black screen issue is random, it's back again. Wasn't there for 6 boots, came back on the 7th one.
So its like I'm trying to fix sleep-wake for the black screen issue when it itself isn't even fixed. :(

I will go back to deleting WhateverGreen.kext and wait for you to possibly fix the black screen issue with the help of your SSDT-PNLF and without WhateverGreen, I know you'll do it soon. :)

Thanks for the link. This is very interesting. So I take it you've already tried setting bit 13 to the 0xC2020 register?

Note that I think most of the time we are setting FREQ1 smaller, not larger.
But yeah, still is interesting.

3. As far as ig-platform-id values are concerned, I think 0x3e9b0000 is the closest to my CFL hardware.

Still worth trying others.

6. By external monitor, I hope you mean the other SKL machine used to remote control this CFL machine using VNC, and yes it does, that's how I got the PR files.

No. HDMI or DP monitor.

Anyway, the 3 minute black screen issue is random, it's back again. Wasn't there for 6 boots, came back on the 7th one.
So its like I'm trying to fix sleep-wake for the black screen issue when it itself isn't even fixed. :(

Intermittent issues are fun.

@RehabMan Okay, weird stuff happening again.
Got back to MacBookPro15,2.
Removed the Devices/Properties/Pci injection and used the Graphics/ig-platform-id as 0x3E9B0000 and InjectIntel = True.
- No 3 minute delay.
- Can wake up from sleep normally(like native).
- But no brightness slider in sysprefs.
PR files attached.

EDIT: Also this time I disabled the 'change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)' patch. Maybe this is the reason, sleep+boot works but brightness doesn't?
EDIT 2: Nope, tried with enabling it, same, no brightness but black screen delay and sleep are fixed, so we're getting somewhere.

Attachments

• debug_6216.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Back