Contribute
Register

[BUG] Black screen 3 minutes after booting, CoffeeLake UHD 630

You should install a customized LiluFriend.kext.
I made some scripts to make it easy:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/hack-tools.git hack-tools.git
cd hack-tools.git
./update_lilufriend.sh

My kexts are not at /L/E. All Lilu based plugins are in Clover /kexts/other.

SSDT-XHC.aml

SSDT-XHC.aml is for USB (legacy power property injection on xHCI).
Unless you have strange content in your SSDT-XHC.aml...
My kexts are not at /L/E. All Lilu based plugins are in Clover /kexts/other.

I would suggest installing all kexts you need to /L/E and using LiluFriend.kext.
And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect"

:think: I thought it was for Power management.

I would suggest installing all kexts you need to /L/E and using LiluFriend.kext.
And config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect"

OK. soon.

I have literally the same config.plist as yours but the sleep is still borked with WhateverGreen.
I wonder if injecting ig-platform-id using the Devices injection rather than with Graphics may change stuff? I'll try it.
In the mean time which method you mean?

Just disable hibernation then.

One thing. This time when I got successful boot with backlight there is no screen flicker.

The debug files show everything going as I expect.

You might try different ig-platform-id values. For example: 0x3e9b0000.
You also forgot to disable hibernation.
I followed the beginning of this guide to disable hibernation.
As you can see in my config.plist I chose the ig-platform-id as 0x3E9B0000 under Graphics/ig-platform-id and ticked Inject Intel but still the IOREG attached shows my ig-platform-id as 0x3ea50009.
Why such behaviour?

Attachments

• debug_2536.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
As you can see in my config.plist I chose the ig-platform-id as 0x3E9B0000 under Graphics/ig-platform-id and ticked Inject Intel but still the IOREG attached shows my ig-platform-id as 0x3ea50009.

Its 3E920000 in your config.

I followed the beginning of this guide to disable hibernation.
Why such behaviour?

Your ioreg shows no AAPL,ig-platform-id inject.
Look at IOACPIPlane:
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.27.11 AM.png

The <09 00 a5 3e> (0x3ea50009) you see in IOService is either something added by WhateverGreen or the native graphics kexts themselves (eg. as a default).

The injections you're trying with config.plist/Graphics are not effective when you have config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) (except as an override of AAPL,ig-platform-id specified in Properties,... but you don't have any such specification).

Installed kexts to /L/E and also installed lilufriend. Did not change anything with the brightness issue. The ALS0 is showing in ioreg but i dont know what it is used for. We have reached the stage where brighness works more often.

Attachments

• debug_29405.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Back