Asus TUF FX504GE (Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630, Nvidia 1050ti, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

Encountered a black screen(backlight off) issue during boot? Coffeelake Hardware? Don't turn off your Laptop yet. Wait for 3 minutes and relax. The screen might come up. If this happens, we are on the same boat.

As for me, I have properly installed AppleBacklight control as told in the guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
It is working fine for me. Sleep is causing no problems. The DDGPU is disabled.

I encounter a Black screen(No backlight) just after boot up from Mojave drive. The thing is that after exactly 3 minutes the backlight comes up. The hardware is as shown in my bio. Heard some other people are also facing this issue. Please drop comments below if you have the same problem or have found workarounds.

Same issue here, Razer Blade 15 i7-8750H with the Intel UHD 630 graphics.

Didn't have the issue on High Sierra with the faked Kabby Lake nonsense, but didn't have brightness control. Did a test upgrade to Mojave on a separate partition and now I have brightness control plus the 3 minute black screen on boot :lol: Traded one issue for another.

Hopefully we can get it figured out! I've been doing some digging and playing around with modifying some patches but to no avail thus far.

Same issue here, Razer Blade 15 i7-8750H with the Intel UHD 630 graphics.

Didn't have the issue on High Sierra with the faked Kabby Lake nonsense, but didn't have brightness control. Did a test upgrade to Mojave on a separate partition and now I have brightness control plus the 3 minute black screen on boot :lol: Traded one issue for another.

Hopefully we can get it figured out! I've been doing some digging and playing around with modifying some patches but to no avail thus far.

Brightness guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Note that when spoofing KabyLake on CoffeeLake, you will need to use a custom LMAX (0x56c) in SSDT-RMCF.aml.

Setting plugin type true creates trouble with sleep. I don't know how to check if CPUPM is implemented or not. Please tell how to check. Also, one workaround I have found for backlight is that after waiting for 30 seconds(you have to make a guess for how much time it takes for your device to reach login screen) from moment the screen turns off, put your device to sleep using the sleep button combination and then waking it up(using mouse movement or pressing a keyboard key) gets it working. So, you can get it working in under 1 minute.

Setting plugin type true creates trouble with sleep.

You should try non-HWP SMBIOS such as MacBookPro11,1.

I don't know how to check if CPUPM is implemented or not.

If X86PlatformPlugin is loaded (in ioreg), then you have at least something right regarding CPU PM.

Please tell how to check. Also, one workaround I have found is that after waiting for 30 seconds(you have to make a guess for how much time it takes for your device to reach login screen) from moment the screen turns off, put your device to sleep using the sleep button combination and then waking it up(using mouse movement or pressing a keyboard key) gets it working. So, you can get it working in under 1 minute.

Have you found an ioreg from a real CoffeeLake Mac? It might help answer some questions.

If X86PlatformPlugin is loaded (in ioreg), then you have at least something right regarding CPU PM.
I am attaching PR files. ioreg is in it. Please check. I did see ACPI platform plugin there in IOPower section of ioreg. Is that the one or is it specifically named x86PlatformPlugin.

Have you found an ioreg from a real CoffeeLake Mac? It might help answer some questions.
Don't have access to any real Apple computer device.

Attachments

• debug_18548.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 317
I am attaching PR files. ioreg is in it. Please check. I did see ACPI platform plugin there in IOPower section of ioreg. Is that the one or is it specifically named x86PlatformPlugin.

X86PlatformPlugin not loaded due to lack of config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

What did you do to disable nvidia gpu?

What did you do to disable nvidia gpu?

Checked my Nvidia GPU _OFF method path from the SSDT it was in and matched it against the one in Rehabman's SSDT-DDGPU.aml and found them same and thus put that SSDT in my patched folder.

Back