Register

[BUG] Black screen 3 minutes after booting, CoffeeLake UHD 630

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
For some reason when I add SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml to my ACPI patched folder, the black screen issue doesn't occur anymore, but the backlight level isn't maintained when rebooting. Using the SSDT-PNLF.dsl included in WhateverGreen caused my backlight to be really dim, but the black screen didn't occur either.

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
For some reason when I add SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml to my ACPI patched folder, the black screen issue doesn't occur anymore, but the backlight level isn't maintained when rebooting. Using the SSDT-PNLF.dsl included in WhateverGreen caused my backlight to be really dim, but the black screen didn't occur either.
If your Brightness level isn't maintained after reboot, try adding SSDT-ALS0 : https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-ALS0.dsl into your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched "saved as .aml" (while assuming your have working NVRAM).

Reboot, put brightness to a certain level, reboot again and see if it starts saving your last level.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
I already have it in my patched folder. For some reason the brightness is retained only on shutdown and not on reboot

Motherboard
Dell G3 3779 Laptop
CPU
i5-8300H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello. can anyone summarize and make a tutorial for jerk how to fix that black screen?

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7580
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
MX150
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Guys! We finally have some good news. This issue seems to be fixed for CFL hardware. Now all we need is reports of whether it is working for you or not.

I am attaching a debug build of WhateverGreen to test. Before testing please ensure that:
  1. You are using a framebuffer with Camellia disabled. Use 0x3E9B0000 (Default in @RehabMan's plists)
  2. Use the boot-arg igfxcflbklt=1 (without leading dash)
  3. Inject property enable-cfl-backlight-fix with value 1 (number) on your IGPU device (config.plist>Devices>Properties)
  4. Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext (it is included in this version of WEG)
  5. Using the latest SSDT-PNLF.aml
Hope it works for you. Please do not forget to thank the awesome people @vit9696 @headkaze and @Fraxul behind this fix. It wouldn't have been possible without them.

Regards and good luck!
This is almost solving the "3 minutes" for me: I had 15 good boots in a raw, then 1 boot with the "3 minutes" problem, then again several good ones.
BUT, the system is logging off continuously then, every couple of minutes and I have to log-in again and again... so not a solution for me.
I found then a Clover on the web which is working fine for me: no 3 minutes problem at all anymore, no log-off, graphic acceleration etc. (almost) everything is working fine.
- SD card is not working
- Brightness only working through settings, not with function keys.
WiFi and Bluetooth working but I installed card DW1560.

My graphic is however UHD620 (Dell Inspiron 7580, intel i7-8565U).
I attach my EFI and the list of kext in L/E, in case some one is interested to try (there are double kext in Clover and in L/E due to historical reasons and several trials, but it is working fine so... never touch a running system!)

And of course I am grateful for any advice how to have the SD Card reader working.

P.S. I also tried the solutions of post 307, they were not working for me

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell G3 3779 Laptop
CPU
i5-8300H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
so after many attempts and failures I have a fully functional machine in addition to the sd card reader. I haven't seen any 3-minute black screen yet! I switched to using VirtualSMC, but I don't think it's just that. I just turned on DELLSMBiospatch once in config and since then the problems are gone like magic .. now I have the patch off. I have the function keys to adjust the brightness and even with VirtualSMC, the automatic dimming function works when the charger is disconnected.

Attachments

Motherboard
Acer Aspire 7 a715-72g-76wl (Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1050, 1920x1080 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
so after many attempts and failures I have a fully functional machine in addition to the sd card reader. I haven't seen any 3-minute black screen yet! I switched to using VirtualSMC, but I don't think it's just that. I just turned on DELLSMBiospatch once in config and since then the problems are gone like magic .. now I have the patch off. I have the function keys to adjust the brightness and even with VirtualSMC, the automatic dimming function works when the charger is disconnected.
Did you switched FakeSMC.kext for VirtualSMC.kext in L/E? Also removing FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext ect for SMCBatteryManager.kext?

Motherboard
Dell G3 3779 Laptop
CPU
i5-8300H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, I'm using VirtualSMC. all kext are only clover etc .. fakesmc and I have also deleted all of them from the L / E folder. During that time I have never had a black screen problem! Even though I don't know if it's really using VirtualSMC.