Contribute
Register

[BUG] Black screen 3 minutes after booting, CoffeeLake UHD 630

@RehabMan Okay, weird stuff happening again.
Got back to MacBookPro15,2.
Removed the Devices/Properties/Pci injection and used the Graphics/ig-platform-id as 0x3E9B0000 and InjectIntel = True.
- No 3 minute delay.
- Can wake up from sleep normally(like native).
- But no brightness slider in sysprefs.
PR files attached.

EDIT: Also this time I disabled the 'change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)' patch. Maybe this is the reason, sleep+boot works but brightness doesn't?
EDIT 2: Nope, tried with enabling it, same, no brightness but black screen delay and sleep are fixed, so we're getting somewhere.

You disable the GFX0->IGPU patch, therefore SSDT-PNLF-debug.aml does not work.
SSDT-PNLF requires the IGPU rename.

No need for the AppleBacklight patch with AppleBacklightFixup.kext, you can simply remove it from your KextsToPatch.

When you use Clover IGPU injection (Graphics/Inject/Intel=true), you get some extra properties:
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.53.52 AM.png

It could be that one or more of these properties is significant for your sleep/wake.
Try injecting each one manually (eg. adding one at a time) via config.plist/Devices/Properties (turn off Graphics/Inject/Intel) in order to determine which one(s) are significant.

You disable the GFX0->IGPU patch, therefore SSDT-PNLF-debug.aml does not work.
SSDT-PNLF requires the IGPU rename.

No need for the AppleBacklight patch with AppleBacklightFixup.kext, you can simply remove it from your KextsToPatch.
I thought GFX0->IGPU was being done by WhateverGreen.kext ?
Well okay, let me enable it and reboot.

Has no effect on ACPI. ACPI happens prior to WhateverGreen even loading.
Did GFX0->IGPU, black screen+no-sleep is back. XD
Think I'm gonna have to try another way to get the brightness to work.

Keep IGPU rename, use basic PNLF (eg. config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddPNLF=true).
Did, no effect. (deleted the SSDT and did AddPNLF=true), PNLF loads under AppleACPIPlatformExpert but is void of information.
PR files attached.

Attachments

• debug_22091.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
Did, no effect. (deleted the SSDT and did AddPNLF=true), PNLF loads under AppleACPIPlatformExpert but is void of information.
PR files attached.

It is because _UID is 10 (in AddPNLF PNLF implementation), but there are backlight profiles for only 14,15,16,17,18,19,24 in AppleBacklightFixup.kext.
Edit the plist appropriately to add a profile for UID=10 (copy the F19Txxxx to a F10Txxxx entry).

It is because _UID is 10 (in AddPNLF PNLF implementation), but there are backlight profiles for only 14,15,16,17,18,19,24 in AppleBacklightFixup.kext.
Edit the plist appropriately to add a profile for UID=10 (copy the F19Txxxx to a F10Txxxx entry).
Is this correct?
Screenshot 2018-10-23 at 12.50.34 AM.png

Attachments

• debug_17337.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
Back