Contribute
Register

Budget Mac Pro Gigabyte GA-Z370m-D3H, Gigabyte RX-570 8GB, i7 8700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can i ask you how you removed that piece of alluminum that is on the bottom? I am unable to do so not metter how Hard i try.
Hi
Sorry which piece are you referring? Can you post an image?

Regars

Phil

Hi. Great case mod.
Can you put some more photo of the pwm controller and how its wiring?

Thanks a lot.

Ed.

Hi. Great case mod.
Can you put some more photo of the pwm controller and how its wiring?

Thanks a lot.

Ed.

Printed on the back of the fan you can see the pin names, as they are black wires I just buzzed them to the plug ends
I grabbed 12v from a molex to floppy cable plugged directly to power supply and connected them as shown below.
GND -> GND- >Power - & Motor-
VCC -> +12v-> Power +
O/P - >not used
VM -> PWM-> Motor+

Attachments

• 1552160760282.png
    1552160760282.png
    384.2 KB · Views: 113
I've got the fans working at full power. The PWM controller is on the way from ebay :) . I hope to connect at least 3 fans.

Thank you very much Yowie for your explanation.

View attachment 392066
Printed on the back of the fan you can see the pin names, as they are black wires I just buzzed them to the plug ends
I grabbed 12v from a molex to floppy cable plugged directly to power supply and connected them as shown below.
GND -> GND- >Power - & Motor-
VCC -> +12v-> Power +
O/P - >not used
VM -> PWM-> Motor+

I've got the fans working at full power. The PWM controller is on the way from ebay :) . I hope to connect at least 3 fans.

Thank you very much Yowie for your explanation.

View attachment 392196

No worries I hope it helps. I run 3 fans, the 2 original front fans are off the 1 PWM controller shown in my pictures and are set to minimum and the liquid cooled cpu fan is controlled from the motherboard. The computer is dead silent it work very well.

Phil

I'm in the doubt between these 2 MotherBoard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI or GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA

Will I still need to buy this wifi card that you mentioned?
- Broadcom BCM94331CD 802.11a / b / g WiFi card + Bluetooth 4.0
- BCM94360CD / BCM94331CD to PCI-e 1X Adapter

I'm trying to mount this configuration in the same Case:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI or GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA
Processor: Core i7-8700K
Cooler / WC: Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO
Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB)
SSDs: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB and SAMSUNG 983 DCT Series NVMe PCIe M.2 22110 960GB
Source: CORSAIR RMx Series RM1000X
VGA: Sapphire Radeon NITRO + RX 580 8GB GDDR5
Case: MacPro 2008

I'm in the doubt between these 2 MotherBoard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI or GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA

Will I still need to buy this wifi card that you mentioned?
- Broadcom BCM94331CD 802.11a / b / g WiFi card + Bluetooth 4.0
- BCM94360CD / BCM94331CD to PCI-e 1X Adapter

I'm trying to mount this configuration in the same Case:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI or GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA
Processor: Core i7-8700K
Cooler / WC: Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO
Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB)
SSDs: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB and SAMSUNG 983 DCT Series NVMe PCIe M.2 22110 960GB
Source: CORSAIR RMx Series RM1000X
VGA: Sapphire Radeon NITRO + RX 580 8GB GDDR5
Case: MacPro 2008

Personally I would no use either in the Mac Pro case as they are both ATX and you will find they are more trouble than they are worth unless you need the extra PCI-e slots, I would look at the m-ATX boards like the form factor I used ...
This will allow you to line up all the existing card slots with the motherboard.

The Bluetooth / Wifi card is so you won't have any issues with Handoff as Mac OS supports them natively and it was a cheap and easy solution.. I could even use the existing Wifi & Bluetooth aerials built into the case...

Have fun these are a great project I use mine as my main PC now and love it.. The 2 x m2 interfaces are great one for Mac OS & one for Windows amazing performance and boot speeds.

Last edited:
I've seen in another topic, which uses a motherboard of the same size that I want to use.
It's going to be tight in MacPro's case, but I think it's going to fit everything I need.
This: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mac-pro-mod-or-something-close-to-it.267967/
One thing I want to try to make it work, too, is the front panel.

Yep i wanted to use the original center tray and hard drive mounts which you cannot with an ATX also the extra PCI-e slots on the ATX motherboard don't line up with the case slots as you can see in the images on that link. Where will the powersupply be bolted too?

Have fun.. I have USB3, audio and power button with Led working on the front panel but i didn't use the original IO board..

Yep i wanted to use the original center tray and hard drive mounts which you cannot with an ATX also the extra PCI-e slots on the ATX motherboard don't line up with the case slots as you can see in the images on that link. Where will the powersupply be bolted too?

Have fun.. I have USB3, audio and power button with Led working on the front panel but i didn't use the original IO board..
So, in the link that I sent you, it's an ATX motherboard and they managed to put the 4 HDDs, I know I'm going to lose some PCI-Express.
Could you send me a picture of how the Front panel you've been using is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back