I3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!
I'm planing this for long time and maybe it'll finally come true. I'd like buy budget computer for gaming with possibility to have macOS on it (I'm most of the time macOS user). These are parts that I've chosen from different sources:

Motherboard: MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK (3xPCI-E DDR4 USB3.1/M.2)
CPU: Intel i3-8100 3.60GHz 6MB BOX
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP 4GB GDDR5
RAM: GOODRAM 8GB 2133MHz IRIDIUM Black CL15 (2x4GB) or Crucial 8GB 2666MHz Ballistix Sport Grey CL16 (2x4GB) (seems to be faster?)
SSD: Kingston 240GB 2,5" SATA SSD A400

Will macOS work on it? Can I spare some money somewhere or is it really worth to invest somewhere a bit more?

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
Motherboard: MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK (3xPCI-E DDR4 USB3.1/M.2)
CPU: Intel i3-8100 3.60GHz 6MB BOX
Won't work. You can't use that i3 with a Z270 board. That is compatible with Skylake or Kaby Lake Intel chips, not Coffee Lake.

Also go with the Crucial ram instead of the "GoodRam" ??? Never heard of it. Wouldn't chance it.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for your answer.

You're totally right with this motherboard, like I said I'm macbook user and I didn't get used to build computer by my own. My friend also missed that. So as replacement I've picked these three:
Gigabyte B360M DS3H - this is cheapest I can get, It's why I like it, but I know that this B and H versions have problems. I've also found thread that people get it to work I think...
Gigabyte B360N WIFI - I like built in WiFI and Bluetooth here
ASRock Z370 Pro4 - This is the most expensive, but should be easiest to set up (from my research)

Which one would you chose?

GOODRAM is polish company, and it's known here. It's not the best but good when you consider performance/cost. Also I read that the brand/speed doesn't matter as long as it works with motherboard, is it right? Anyway I found Crucial 8GB 2666MHz Ballistix Sport Grey CL16 (2x4GB) on discount, and I'd go for it if it's fine.

Built in wifi doesn't work. If you need wifi, you'll need to replace that module.

Go with cheap if it has what you need.

The wifi card would have to be swapped out. You will also need an adapter for the wifi card as well. Not sure how much it would be where you are from but when I got mine I spend around $30 US. Don't forget a decent PSU. Like tsr96 advised, go with a reputable brand. Especially ones that have been proven to work in Hackintoshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back