DELL 9010 SFF
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

first post here, I've been reading for sometime to get all the knowledge I can, now I decided to build my on mac, I have used mac's for more than 15years, and now its the time to do it.

going to start on a budget with:

CPU:i3 6100
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M Gaming 3
HD: Kingston SSD NOW V 300 120gb (already owned, from my dead Mac Mini)
RAM: Crucial Value Ram 8gb
Case: NOX Coolbay MX2
PSU: ATX 500w (a generic one, from a friend)

Graphics Card: for now, I will use the onbard graphics, later on I will buy one around 100$, maybe Nvidia, because I use all Adobe Apps.

The computer will be used for Photo Editing on Lightroom & Photoshop and light Video edit on Premiere. I Know, it's not the best processor, but it will be faster than my 2012 Mac Mini ;)

It's this configuration compatible?

Thank you

What is the brand and model of the PSU ? Also get a 2 x 4 GB ram kit unless you are going to upgrade to 16GB later on.

What is the brand and model of the PSU ? Also get a 2 x 4 GB ram kit unless you are going to upgrade to 16GB later on.

i'm going to update to 2x8gb later, that's the plan.
The PSU I don't know the model, but is brand new, and not modular, my buddy has it and it was never used.

If you can get the brand and model number from your friend that would help us determine if you can use it or not.

i'm going to update to 2x8gb later, that's the plan.
The PSU I don't know the model, but is brand new, and not modular, my buddy has it and it was never used.

If its one of them cheap generic ones, I wouldn't trust it. Can you not take a photo of it? post it on here or something.

If you can get the brand and model number from your friend that would help us determine if you can use it or not.

I only got this image.

I got another question, is it better to get a DELL 9010 with an i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz with 8 GB Ram and a 320gb drive (adding my ssd as system drive? the performance its similar I think, I can get a pretty sweet deal on this.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    948.2 KB · Views: 102
The PSU image doesn't supply any useful info. Many people have been using the Ivy Bridge Dells and HPs for a Hackintosh and having success. Take a look also at the HP 6300 Pro Mini-Tower. I've been testing one with Sierra. Waiting to get a GTX 1050 graphics card to try out. If you can find one under 200 Euros that has 8GB of ram and an I5 it's a good deal.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-tower-macos-sierra-i5-3470-msi-gt640.224812/

The PSU image doesn't supply any useful info. Many people have been using the Ivy Bridge Dells and HPs for a Hackintosh and having success. Take a look also at the HP 6300 Pro Mini-Tower. I've been testing one with Sierra. Waiting to get a GTX 1050 graphics card to try out. If you can find one under 200 Euros that has 8GB of ram and an I5 it's a good deal.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-tower-macos-sierra-i5-3470-msi-gt640.224812/

the HP works nice! i'll take a look!

found one at 220eur! cant go wrong with that, my brothers will give me a geforce 710! i will follow your guide! thank you so much

I ended buying a DELL

DELL 9010 i7 3770 3.4 GHz
8 GB Ram
500 HDD
DVDRW

as extra, I will get a GT 710 from my brother ;)

I've searched about it in te forum and the guides ar for maverick's, for sierra I thinhk it would be equal right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back