Contribute
Register

Budget hackintosh for under $200 (Only need some components)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H81M-HD3
CPU
I3 4330
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I want to make a hackintosh that can run mountain lion or mavericks (perferably mavricks) for around $200. I would like to go as cheap as possible but my max is $200. I have most of the components besides, The Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and GPU. I kind of have a GPU in mine (GT 610) so if that GPU is mavericks compatible great if not i need another one. So can anyone help me by giving me some components that would make a low end hackintosh that can do garage band and basic IMovie editing. If you can you :headbang:

CPU I want to be 2 Ghz or more (Maybe a pentium or core 2 duo)
RAM id like around 4GB, 2x2GB works to as long as it equals around 4 GB can be more can be a little bit less.

So to summarize:
I need a hackintosh for under $200 and i only need the Motherboard, CPU, GPU and RAM, i have all other components.

ONLY OSX WINDOWS WONT BE INSTALLED ON THIS PC! I can access another mac for os so that is not needed

Thanks but it seems like a lot of work I don't know how to do and I'd like to use the power Mac g5 case I modded but thanks for the comment I'll keep it in mind

If your budget is that limited you could go with a Gigabyte H61M-USB3H motherboard, you can't
get them at Newegg as they've sold out. Here is one seller that still has some at $46 each + shipping.

http://www.directron.com/gah61musb3h.html

Then try either an I3-2105 or I5-2500K (likely used) for a cpu with HD 3000.

Here's a used I3-2105 for 90 dollars at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051YS85O/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

That still leaves almost 60 dollars for whatever else you need (like ram) You could buy 2x4Gb
at that price. You won't even have to use the discrete gfx card but you still could in combination
with the HD3000.

Ty very much, do u think u could find me 4GB of ram and would a GT 610 be compatible with these parts?

and do u know if the Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H would be compatible with that CPU

and do u know if the Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H would be compatible with that CPU
No, that processor would not be compatible with a 9-series motherboard; you'll need a Haswell processor (i3/i5/i7 4000) series processor for the 8/9-series motherboards.

Oh and i found somthing with these parts Core i5 760 Quad 2.8GHz, Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H would those make a hackintosh or not? if u want listing link i can give it to u. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooler-Mast...573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c1ffeafd
That might work. I have a P55M-UD2 / i7-760 with a graphics card. That system will also need a graphics card, like the 610, because Apple's OS X (Yosemite) does not support that generation of Intel Integrated (on-board) graphics.

Ok thanks, do u think you can find me a compatible CPU for the motherboard? and ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back