Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am totally building a new hackintosh for music production purpose.My requirements are just that it should be able to run Logic Pro efficiently without any lag .Also I am on a very tight budget ..Is a core i3 processor fine or will it give any lag while I use Logic Pro......

Plz advice me on what parts should I buy and which model number :confused::confused::confused:

I am totally building a new hackintosh for music production purpose.My requirements are just that it should be able to run Logic Pro efficiently without any lag .Also I am on a very tight budget ..Is a core i3 processor fine or will it give any lag while I use Logic Pro......

Plz advice me on what parts should I buy and which model number :confused::confused::confused:

Of course Logic will run on a core i3...but will it run WELL...esp for larger projects? That will depending on how you use Logic, plus also many other things about your configuration (hard drives, RAM, etc.). For best performance, try to save your $$ and get the most powerful processor you can afford, plus as much RAM as you can afford. Those 2 things will significantly contribute to how efficiently Logic will run.

I use Logic for a living and in my experience you won't get much use out of an i3. I've got an i7 with 16GB RAM and it has difficulty at times.

I use Logic for a living and in my experience you won't get much use out of an i3. I've got an i7 with 16GB RAM and it has difficulty at times.
+1 to this. I have a fairly stock 2013 iMac at work that I play around with on Logic sometimes and it can get fairly bogged down with the i5 and 8GB of RAM. I'd go with a 3570K at the minimum honestly. Not really a single reason I can think to even run an i3 - If budget is a concern, I'd just build a PC instead with an AMD FX-6100 and 16GB of RAM. Should be able to come in around $400ish, probably significantly less, and you'll have a system that kills the i3 - You just won't have OSX and Logic...

If you are in the US, there is almost no excuse to NOT get a top-of-the-line 3770K from MicroCenter:
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz LGA 1155 Processor

This is where I got my 3770K - and it's been this price since before the holidays. I'm fortunate that there is a physical store in Dallas where I can just walk in & get this kind of thing. I'm sure it can be shipped.

If you are in the US, there is almost no excuse to NOT get a top-of-the-line 3770K from MicroCenter:
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz LGA 1155 Processor

This is where I got my 3770K - and it's been this price since before the holidays. I'm fortunate that there is a physical store in Dallas where I can just walk in & get this kind of thing. I'm sure it can be shipped.

Thanks for the advice very much :angel::angel::angel:...First of all I am not from US.I am from India and here I get an

Imac 21 inch model core i5 for Rs.100000 i.e. 1849.20 dollars
Imac 27 inch core i5 for Rs 134000 i.e. 2477 Dollars
Mac Pro One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 3GB / 1TB / Radeon 5770 / SDMC560HN / A - Rs1,49,900 i.e. 2771 dollars
Mac Pro Two MD771HN 2.4 6 Core 12GB 1TB - Rs2,49,900 i.e. 4620 dollars
  • A cutom core i3 pc build just at rs 30000 i.e. 554 dollars
    The core i5 and core i7 cutom pc builds will go to a range of rs 100000 i.e. 1849 dollars
  • I want to use Logic mainly for practice as I will be enrolling for a class to learn it....
  • So my main question is that "Will Logic Hang and lag if I use it just for minimal use and practice ??????"

Thanks for your advice and co operation
I am just a beginner at using Logic and will be enrolling a class for learning to use it...I just want to use it for practicing...My main question is will it hang and lag if I use an i3 processor .......????????????
I am really tight on budget.....I could buy an i7 but at later stage ..Also is there any motherboard that I can upgrade from i3 to i7 at later time

No AMDS plz if hackintosh doent work then I have to just sit around my pc and use facebook...Dont want to take risk ..And here In India AMD Processors are much costlier than Intel Processors ....I just want to use logic for practice as I will be enrolling for a class for learning to use it And my main objective is that Logic should not hang or bog down ....Also it would be great if you tell me a motherboard in which i3 can be upgraded to i7 at a later stage

Thanks for your advice and cooperation

Woah! That's an awesome price for the 3770k. Might have to take a trip down to Tustin, CA.

Lol for me from India to US rs 260000
Flight ticket = 4807 dollars to buy a Mac Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back