Intel HD Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Can anyone come up with a $250 hackintosh that can do basic iMovie editing? But please make sure that the PSU is a separate product from the case since built-in ones usually sucks.

What motherboard, processor and all that other stuff?

Can I use the case and the PSU with the other parts on the post?

The price for the build would be over $300. I want to try to make it for a least 250

The price for the build would be over $300. I want to try to make it for a least 250

Then you've got to find parts on sale, send in rebates or use used or refurb parts.
It's hard to even find a new Windows desktop for $250.

Can I use an Intel Celeron processor instead of the i3? That would bring down the price.

Can I use an Intel Celeron processor instead of the i3? That would bring down the price.

People cannot get the Celerons and Pentiums running in Mavericks. If they did work you would need to add a GT610 (poor performance compared to HD4600) or above GPU for supported graphics.

You might be better to save up more money for the i3, the basic version with HD4400 graphics will have support very shortly and offers a moderate price advantage, greater power and better graphics. All round its a better value option.

If you have to have a smaller budget then do you have a HDD and case that you can re use for this build?

Adrian B

No, this will be my first build. I also like the case that trs96 recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back