Motherboard
Asus P8H61 M-LX USB3
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470
Graphics
Palit Dual GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
I'm looking to experiment with a Hackintosh. I already have a few custom-built Windows PCs but I'm aware that there are some strict hardware requirements for building a Hackintosh. I just wanta basic build to try out the whole Hackintosh experience and, hopefully, use it as an alternate development machine (I only continue to use Windows because of gaming).

So, with that in mind, I was thinking of a mini-ITX but the cheapest motherboard I've found is the Gigabyte H110M-S2H (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01649KMZS/?tag=tonymacx86-21). Unfortunately I don't see it listed on the Buyer's Guide, so does that mean it's not been tested or it won't work? I don't care for the brand, I literally only want a CPU, I don't care for discrete graphics just yet.

Furthermore, I was thinking of using a Kaby Lake Pentium processor, like the G4560 as it's hyper-threaded and only ~£63. But as it's Kaby Lake, the advice seems to be to avoid this (I haven't found anything on a Kaby Lake Pentium Hackintosh build), so I guess I'll go with the i3-6100.

Presumably, the RAM brand doesn't matter as long as it's compatible with the motherboard/CPU, right?

Also, I presume any storage drive (as in HDD/SSD) will do as long as it's sufficient capacity and formatted correctly according to installation guide?

I just wanted to confirm my understanding before going ahead and purchasing these parts. Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back