Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It is time for my Hackintosh for an upgrade, I have been searching with the intention to upgrade my current build so that I can get 4K monitor up.
Here is what I found so far for the best buy currently without breaking the bank.
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D Motherboard
Core i5-10600K 4.8Ghz LGA1200
Corsair Hydro H60 (2018) Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MH z (2x16 GB)
Sapphire Radeon RX 580
Total cost about AUD $1851

Any one have any comments, given that this cost a bit and the new 24" mach cost around the same with less memory 8GB.
What does everyone think? Happy to take any suggestion

It is time for my Hackintosh for an upgrade, I have been searching with the intention to upgrade my current build so that I can get 4K monitor up.
Here is what I found so far for the best buy currently without breaking the bank.
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D Motherboard
Core i5-10600K 4.8Ghz LGA1200
Corsair Hydro H60 (2018) Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MH z (2x16 GB)
Sapphire Radeon RX 580
Total cost about AUD $1851

Any one have any comments, given that this cost a bit and the new 24" mach cost around the same with less memory 8GB.
Your build should be compatible with MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.

The new iMac 24" is based on Apple Silicon and not Intel CPUs, and only run MacOS Big Sur (Apple Silicon version). Does any of your applications still require an Intel Mac or hackintosh?

Parts are fine should work without much headache.
The video on the M1 is roughly the same as a RX560 so it is less powerful with no upgrade options. Because the memory is on chip less is more in this case or so people say you would want to get the 16GB version if you get the M1. Support is limited with virtual machines on the M1 at least for windows only windows 10 on ARM works.

I ran a few mixed of virtual machines using vmware fusion, which is mainly old windows machine with legacy software and a few linux boxes for testing purposes.

So is the M1 chip notify that it is Apple Silicon version?
Yes, the M1 is the Apple Silicon version.

If you need to run virtual machines using VMware Fusion (I do), then you can't use the iMac 24" since no virtualization software (including VMware Fusion) currently supports running Intel OS (including the normal Windows) on the Apple Silicon Macs. Stick to an Intel Mac or hackintosh in your case.

Yes, the M1 is the Apple Silicon version.

If you need to run virtual machines using VMware Fusion (I do), then you can't use the iMac 24" since no virtualization software (including VMware Fusion) currently supports running Intel OS (including the normal Windows) on the Apple Silicon Macs. Stick to an Intel Mac or hackintosh in your case.
Well, I think I might have to wait until VMware Fusion have caught up. I read that Parallel have been able to release for the for the Apple Silicon version, but only supported windows 10. I am not sure whether it will support some of my old XPs that I have to turn on once in a while.
Thank you so much for your advice.

Parts are fine should work without much headache.

The video on the M1 is roughly the same as a RX560 so it is less powerful with no upgrade options. Because the memory is on chip less is more in this case or so people say you would want to get the 16GB version if you get the M1. Support is limited with virtual machines on the M1 at least for windows only windows 10 on ARM works.
I actually have another option whether I just use my current GAz97 gaming 3 mobo with the RX560. But I can't get the audio to work. it used to work one and it is a pain.
Do you know whether the Gigabyte Z490 VISION D Motherboard audio works out of the box without mucking around the kext?

I actually have another option whether I just use my current GAz97 gaming 3 mobo with the RX560. But I can't get the audio to work. it used to work one and it is a pain.
Do you know whether the Gigabyte Z490 VISION D Motherboard audio works out of the box without mucking around the kext?
I would look over this guide:

I would look over this guide:

I am pleased to say and I have completed the build and end up with almost the same config and end up with OSX Big Sur. I will post my config.plist soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back