Contribute
Register

Budget 27" IPS Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite "PERFECT PIXELS" 27" LED DVI 2560 x 1440 PC Monitor from eBay for a bit more than the others ($379.99 USD.) I'm a graphic designer and 3D artist so stuck pixels are pretty annoying and it was worth the extra dough. Wasn't sure if the power brick which was ready for 220V was going to work with 110, but p/s seemed to light up. I used the supplied DL DVI cable. Plugged it in and nothing. Reset. Nothing. Very scary few moments there. No manual (would have been in Korean anyway.) Not sure what else to try. Shutdown. Started up: Came up like a champ. Never been so happy to see the tonymac logo. *phew!* Working great now. REALLY bright. First world problems. Ran a pixel spotter briefly and didn't find any stuck/dead pixels. So far v. happy. It's Hyuuge. Got a VESA mount coming (which is probably the VESA they were talking about.) Looks great. Definitely comparable to 27" iMac.

Cany anyone here check to see if their monitor shows up as a TV in the System information? I am trying to find out why my display no longer goes to sleep in OS X. I'm curious if this has something to do with it.

Mine does not show up as a TV and sleeps just fine. Are you connected through HDMI still? and it doesn't look like the system profiler really knows what to make of it. "Display" mine is called. Have to see if I can do something about that. GOnna need to ColorMunki this. Here's what I get currently:

Digital:
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

I bought a shimiian as well.

I have to say it was hands down the best purchase i Have ever made.

its beautiful..

i did not get a perfect pixel version. but i did find a great seller...

either way it came perfect pixel!

steal at 275

only problem is gaming at 2560 x 1440..

i upgrated to a gtx 660 and i get great fps now.

Geez...

Why am I the thread killer around here?

anyway Wanted to point out that im pretty sure these can be over clocked to 120 hz .. not sure where I read that but ill add the link once I find it.

Geez...

Why am I the thread killer around here?

anyway Wanted to point out that im pretty sure these can be over clocked to 120 hz .. not sure where I read that but ill add the link once I find it.
The most the Shimian can be overclocked is 67 hz.

Good day!
I bought the monitor Crossover 27Q LED-P. In Windows 8 works fine.
But the other operating system is OSX 10.8.2. When the OSX kernel panic occurs. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-M PRO
Video: AMD Sapphire HD6850

P.S. With monitor acer v243hq works fine.

Good day!
But the other operating system is OSX 10.8.2. When the OSX kernel panic occurs. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

Your monitor is not going to cause a KP so it has to be something else.

Good day!

You're not connecting it through an adapter, are you? OS X tends to be finicky with video adapters.

I also bought the Auria 27" EQ276W. I went down to IL to stop in Fry's, and Micro Center, and ended up coming back with it for $399.99 plus tax from MC.

A word of WARNING, these are NOT VESA compliant! So what works for one person, may not work for you, even with similar hardware! I have an EVGA GTX670 2GB SC. When I first connected the monitor with DVI I got nothing. Then I noticed that it came with a DL-DVI cable and I tried that, it didn't work either. So then I tried a HDMI cable, and still nothing. At this point I figured I had a bad unit. Just on a whim I tried it over HDMI with my U-Verse cable box, and BOOM it works with audio (a feature I didn't know it had) and everything! Now I'm really confused. So I connect my old monitor with the Auria, my old monitor works during the bios and bootloader, and becomes a secondary display when OSX loads, while the Auria does nothing. I disconnect the Auria and my old monitor instantly becomes the main screen. I login, set OSX to mirror displays, reconnect the Auria, and for the first time I get it to display video from my PC. Fast forward a whole lot more troubleshooting (which includes trying another PC with a GTX560 getting the same results), and I come to the conclusion that when connected to a PC the Auria will only work at native resolution over DL-DVI, unless connected via VGA, or Display Port. This is contrary to reports I read from people with GTX670 cards!

In Summary

HDMI did not work at all connected to either computer at any resolution. Worked fine with my cable box at any resolution
. Hence the lack of VESA compliance.

DL-DVI Only works at native resolution. Hence the lack of VESA compliance.

VGA Works (via DVI to VGA adapter) at any resolution (including the native 2560*1440)

DP
Works at any resolution (including the native 2560*1440, I have not tried it with an adapter)

The monitor seems to be a good buy for the money so far! No dead, or stuck pixels, the out the box settings are pretty bad, but with tweaking you can get a very good picture.

I suspect your problem is specific to the computer system you connected the Auria EQ276W to.

I have purchased a second Auria EQ276W monitor and they both work flawlessly. They work great in Windows and in OS X.

However, upgrading from Lion to Mountain Lion did cause an odd problem where nothing would be displayed at boot. I would have to disconnect the power to the monitor and reconnect it to get it to work. This would happen with OS X systems using nVidia video cards but not OS X systems using ATI / AMD video cards. windows systems were fine.

I had a thread on it not that long ago and someone posted a fix. I'll post a link to it if I can find it again. But again its not the monitor it was some odd problem with the OS X system itself.

***edit***

OK here it is:

layt

I believe I have found the solution, check out my thread here and let me know if it worked- (Solved) Black screen instead of login, requires power cycle to display
Anyways I'll bet you've installed fakesmc plugins, look for system/library/extensions/ "NVClockX.kext" delete this kext repair permissions and you should be all sorted!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/63029-yet-another-black-screen-problem-2.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...stead-login-requires-power-cycle-display.html

New here...I asked the seller if my card is compatible for this unit, but was told to check with the manufacturer. I have a Gigabyte Nvida GT 640, do you think this is good enough to work with these monitors. I just finished my new build, and now looking to complete my build with this monitor. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back