HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I have searched the forums here as well as the broader web for a solution to my problem and haven't been able to find anything yet. Thank you all in advance for any help. I apologize if I overlooked something.

I am running an H77N-WIFI with an i3-3225 and no graphics card. About as vanilla as it gets. I am using the built in bluetooth. Not a dongle which all the other threads seem to be about.

I upgraded to Mavericks last week and everything has been great. All of a sudden starting two days ago, my bluetooth wireless keyboard and magic trackpad stopped responding. This would happen before under ML when the computer would sleep, but a reset always fixed the problem and the devices would re-pair at the login screen.

After trying a restart this time, the devices wouldn't pair at the login screen. I whipped out my usb keyboard and mouse and tried using the BLUETOOTH preferences panel to pair the devices. When that failed, I removed the devices profiles and then tried to add them through the TRACKPAD and KEYBOARD panels respectively. When I pushed the button on the keyboard to turn it on and make it discoverable, the KEYBOARD panel told me that it found my device. I clicked continue, and the system tried to pair my device, only after a couple minutes telling me that it wasn't able to pair the device. Basically the same story for the trackpad.

I have checked all my antenna connections and even switched my wifi and bluetooth antennas in the off chance that the one connected to the BT spot had become damaged. Still no luck. The batteries appear to be fine as well.

The strange part of this for me is the fact that it didnt happen right after upgrading to Mavericks. They worked fine for days; however, I do remember installing another upgrade that Apple rolled out right around the same time this seemed to have cropped up though so maybe there was a change in there somehwhere. I obviously don't know though or I wouldn't be posting this here.

Has anyone else had this specific issue with the H77N or Z77N?

Thanks again for any help,

crick

Oh and for what it's worth, on the Bluetooth Preferences Panel, the button that reads "Turn Bluetooth Off" is grayed out and not clickable. Not sure if that would be of importance for diagnosis.

I have the exact same problem as yours, for my magic trackpad and ps3 remote. I even tried a fresh install to clean everything up, no success!
i guess we are stuck with finding a correct bluetooth dongle or mini pcie. I personnaly am waiting for the november buying guide.
best,

I had this same issue as well. No problems initially after installing Mavericks, with bluetooth working perfectly fine. Then after several weeks the trackpad and mouse started just not working. BT would see them, but just wouldn't connect. I was using an old Aizo 2.1 BT dongle from my first Hackintosh build. Did a fresh install and still wouldn't pair.

Whelp, bit the bullet and bought the one in the buyer's guide (IOgear BT 4.0) and everything seems to be fine now. Hopefully this one doesn't stop working in a few weeks.

UPDATE:

After the built-in bluetooth on my GA-H77N-WIFI mobo stopped working mysteriously a few days after installing Mavericks and not being able to find a solution, I finally decided to buy the IOGEAR GBU521 being that it is the recommended BT dongle for the current buyer's guide. Well just as it seems to be in this thread and others here, the quality control for this product is downright ridiculous.

I too, like many others on this forum, seem to have purchased a defective unit that didn't even work a single time. Apparently this problem hasn't just happened randomly to a couple of tonymacx86.com forum posters either. After reading a few posts here in different threads confirming the same issues with QC and having to return units, I decided to check out the Amazon reviews from the supplied purchase link here. It seems there are a substantial amount of 1 star reviews for this product with most everyone describing the same problem: units that never worked or stopped working after only a brief period of operation.

All that being said, is there really not an equally compatible product on the market that is more dependable? I find it hard to believe that the answer to that is no. It is not my intent to question the expertise of the staff here, as I am extremely grateful for the benefit that their expertise has already provided me; however, I am really disappointed that this product made it in to the most current buyer's guide given its reputation.

First world problems I suppose, but I am not here to vent. I am here to let people know that they may want consider another product that may be more reliable and others have confirmed to work on a build similar to their own, as well as to perhaps inspire a staff approved alternative which would obviously reach an audience greater than only those combing the forums in frustration.

Thanks to the entire community for the free exchange of information and thanks to all who have donated to keep it going!

Crick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back