Motherboard
ASRock Z270 Extreme4
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX Vega 56 OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey everyone. Please excuse and bear with me. I've been trying to get this machine up and running since 10am yesterday. It is just about 3pm local time. I've looked at a number of threads on the specific issues, but I'm not sure if I'm just flat out burnt out, or if I've lived a sheltered OOTB computer life until now that I'm just not understanding the instructions, but I just can't seem to get these noticeable services working. Having looked at so many threads, I honestly can't remember which steps I've tried and what I haven't. That being said, please be gentle.

/* BT: Solved

BCM94352Z WiFi is recognized, but BT module isn't. Tried some of RehabMan's patches, not sure if I did all of them or if I did them right, but no good. */ https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-on-high-sierra.235556/page-3#post-1695240

/* Audio: Solved

Realtek ALC1220. Read "Before you install audio", did my best to go through the steps, thought I did it right, no audio. */
Ran through "Before you install audio" again, after stepping away and having a beer.

HD 630:

Thought I got this working until I tried to play a video and skip through it (and opened iTunes to try video in there). Prior to "fixes" VRAM was 7MB, after I got rid of glitches and see 1536MB worth of VRAM. Fake ID = 0x59128086 for Intel GFX while keeping ig-platform-id 0x59120000 made this happen. Hardware acceleration issue?

I've got some more less trivial problems/questions, but hopefully after I see how to correct these, I can work on those on my own.

UPDATE:

Videos are playing and I can skip around, but I get occasional UI glitches; I'll click on something in Column View in Finder, then click off, and the right pane goes black. So, I'm functional, but not 100%. Input appreciated!

Attachments

• debug_11214.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Can anyone advise on the graphics issue? I know its been almost a year, but the graphics problem still happens intermittently. It seems like when I use something graphic intensive (using the Finder preview to look at a RAW .cr2 image), the HD 630 flips out and "stutters" until reboot. Debug above should still be current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back