Contribute
Register

Broken sleep reboot and shutdown on 10.15.3 - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT OC 8gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a solid build until I tried to replace my MSI Vega 56 with a Gigabyte RX 5700. The 5700 didn't work (half-booted then monitor went to sleep).

So, for the last couple of days, i've pretty much ruined my build! (yes, i'm an idiot!).

I'm currently running Catalina 10.15.3, Clover r5102, Gigbabyte Z390 Aorus Pro BIOS F9 (tried F12b but couldn't find enough info on settings, so went back to an older version). I also have the latest AppleALC, Lilu and WEG kexts.

Having seriously screwed my BIOS and my hack build (including my previously perfect cloned backup :() i'm now at a point where things are working again, apart from power management (sleep, reboot, shutdown). It just hangs, forcing me to hard reboot/shutdown.

I've attached my EFI for reference.

This is a lesson to all - don't mess around with a perfectly good build... especially when you're busy and incredibly tired!! :(

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Three issues:
  1. CLOVER/drivers/UEFI has two memory drivers. Only one is allowed. If AptioMemoryFix.efi works on your motherboard, keep that one and delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
    Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.01.52 PM.png
  2. When installing RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT, it is absolutely necessary to add the Boot Argument agdpmod=pikera as shown.
    Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.01.23 PM.png
  3. It is also necessary to specify a ROM value by clicking Generate in RtVariables.
    Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.01.03 PM.png

Three issues:
  1. CLOVER/drivers/UEFI has two memory drivers. Only one is allowed. If AptioMemoryFix.efi works on your motherboard, keep that one and delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
    View attachment 451243
  2. When installing RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT, it is absolutely necessary to add the Boot Argument agdpmod=pikera as shown.
    View attachment 451242
  3. It is also necessary to specify a ROM value by clicking Generate in RtVariables.
    View attachment 451241

Thanks @CaseySJ - massively appreciated!

1. So, I've got things working again after deleting AptioMemoryFix.efi - If I keep that and delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi it still hangs on reboot and shutdown - Is that strange or to be expected? I read that OsxAptio... is bad for the health of the system, so that slightly worries me!

2. I added the boot argument agdpmod=pikera, but i'd already tried that and it didn't work.

3. I changed the ROM value as suggested, but it gave me a KP (screenshot attached) when viewing verbose - any idea why?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
Found several more issues. Please backup your existing CLOVER folder and try the attached one. Have you used EmuVariableUefi.efi in the recent past? If your MSR 0xE2 is locked, then EmuVariableUefi should be used on Gigabyte Z390 motherboards in combination with Clover RC scripts.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 65
Found several more issues. Please backup your existing CLOVER folder and try the attached one. Have you used EmuVariableUefi.efi in the recent past? If your MSR 0xE2 is locked, then EmuVariableUefi should be used on Gigabyte Z390 motherboards in combination with Clover RC scripts.

Thank you massively @CaseySJ - it's now working as it was, PLUS i've got the RX 5700 working!

You're a legend! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back