GTS450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

My sister has a macbook that was bought a year ago or so, it was setting on the corner of the couch and fell to ground, it stopped working, apple service center said it would cost only 30$ and she has to wait a month until they get the part from outside to replace a charger part in the macbook body, once the part arrived now they want a fortune to fix it, they claim the motherboard is broken and need replacement, I am not sure about the cost but you can buy a new laptop (not mac) with that amount.

The laptop is on shelf now, I know it is hard to help in hardware problems, but is this the only solution? what would you do :?:

Well if they popped it apart and physically saw that the Logic Board is damaged then there isnt much choice about that repair cost.
It does get pricy to fix an Apple product through Apple itself. You can try as secondary Apple repair facility and see what they say or you can pull the HDD and then sell it on ebay as parts/repair and make some money towards something else.

Well if they popped it apart and physically saw that the Logic Board is damaged then there isnt much choice about that repair cost.
It does get pricy to fix an Apple product through Apple itself. You can try as secondary Apple repair facility and see what they say or you can pull the HDD and then sell it on ebay as parts/repair and make some money towards something else.

The way I see it, mac service center seems to have no clue what's wrong with it, that is why they asked for that part, tried it, did not work, did not know what to fix, so decided to replace everything. I once fixed a laptop a technician said that it needs new parts by changing one setting in the bios in 5 minutes, I don't trust other shops at all, I guess I need to find a friend of a friend for this.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back