Contribute
Register

Broken audio after windows 10 dualboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internal mic or external mic (via combo jack).
Mic via combo jack is known to not work...
Actually, I had my external mic (EarPods) via combo jack working (ALC255 patched with Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher)
It stopped working when I found another AppleHDA that enabled my internal mic (but disabled external...), now I want to combine those kexts to make both of them work, I think the new one I found was patched by Mirone, so I'll ask for his help :)

Actually, I had my external mic (EarPods) via combo jack working (ALC255 patched with Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher)
It stopped working when I found another AppleHDA that enabled my internal mic (but disabled external...), now I want to combine those kexts to make both of them work, I think the new one I found was patched by Mirone, so I'll ask for his help :)

Previously you said you had ALC283...
I worked with Mirone for a while on the ALC283 combo jack. We were only partially successful (had to use hda-verb to fix things after plugging/unplugging).
Mirone was more successful with ALC280 (used on some ProBooks), so the problems you run into are codec dependent.

Last edited:
Previously you said you had ALC283...
I worked with Mirone for a while on the ALC283 combo jack. We were only partially successful (had to use hda-verb to fix things after plugging/unplugging).
Mirone was more successful with ALC280 (used on some ProBooks), so the problems you run into are codec dependent.
I'm not the thread poster, I just saw that and wanted to comment :)

I'm not the thread poster, I just saw that and wanted to comment :)

Ah...
My comment regarding the combo jack was specifically regarding ALC283.

why is this ???

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 83
KernelCache ID: C28C6FAC50ED60A1AED75D918A8D877A
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

my audio loses again did't modify anything-just restart

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.18.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.18.24 PM.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 64
KernelCache ID: C28C6FAC50ED60A1AED75D918A8D877A
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

It is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back