Contribute
Register

Broke a locking clip off of the plastic latch tray (under the motherboard) where can I find a replac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68ma-D2H-B3 UEFI U1C Bios
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As the title says, broke one of those clips off of the latch tray under the motherboard.
picture for what I'm talking about:
2014-04-14 17.20.20.jpg

I tried using epoxy on it but it ultimately broke off again.

I tried scouring the postings on ebay and found every plastic part BUT this latching mechanism.
Do any of you fellow g4 modders know where I can get this part without buying an entirely new tower? I have seen some acrylic cut replacements and a way to reverse latch the door shut with the spring. I would rather have the original tray as I like the appearance and the way that it works. Or, any of you modders happen to have one of these lying around?

Much thanks!

As the title says, broke one of those clips off of the latch tray under the motherboard.
picture for what I'm talking about:
View attachment 89580

I tried using epoxy on it but it ultimately broke off again.

I tried scouring the postings on ebay and found every plastic part BUT this latching mechanism.
Do any of you fellow g4 modders know where I can get this part without buying an entirely new tower? I have seen some acrylic cut replacements and a way to reverse latch the door shut with the spring. I would rather have the original tray as I like the appearance and the way that it works. Or, any of you modders happen to have one of these lying around?

Much thanks!

Hey, sorry to see that your clip broke, I don't think it will be strong enough if you just glue it but you'll probably have to reinforce the bond wit something. Not sure what kind of plastic the tray is made up of so hard to say. Hope that helps any, and sorry I cannot give you a better solution right now.

Hello JRDN,

I see Your post is already a few days old and maybe there already is a solution. Just my thoughts, me and others that have done G3/G4 cases just "reversed" the locking mechanism on the door. If You do that, you won´t need the hooks anymore, hence no need to repair or get a new part.
You can take a look at my build, there You can see what my plastic latch looks like, i got rid of all the hooks and just keep it for insulation of the mobo.

Olli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back