Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had some success PM to keep post on topic and maybe we can start a new post together
Can you share your config files please. And kexts.
I got success to install it but after pasting files to the ssd efi it got much time on apple logo screen and after loading it got a grey screen with mouse cursor only forever.

sure, i think i will try sierra soon but this is what I'm up to:

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 402
  • drivers64UEFI.zip
    49.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Other.zip
    688.9 KB · Views: 248
i7-6800K (6 Cores / 12 Threads)
Base Frequency 3400 MHz, Max Turbo Frequency 3600 MHz / 3800 MHz.[/QUOTE]
plzzz help

my config : cpu 6800k
asus x99 aii
ram 16

Anybody Have Sierra running on a 6950X yet?
I am currently up with el cap and is pretty solid. I have not tested all the USB ports but those that I have used..they do work .

Last edited:
Any luck yet with anyone having the things boot reliably with the 6950X and a Thunderbolt add-on card?

Any luck yet with anyone having the things boot reliably with the 6950X and a Thunderbolt add-on card?
Me :) Consider i use a Xeon 2696 V4, a Broadwell too....and ThuderboltEX II Dual with both a raid and a sound card attached and working in OSX Sierra 10.12.1

Hey, just adding that I got the 6950X (Broadwell E) / ASUS x99 Deluxe II / 980ti installed with barely any issues. I followed a mix of x99 guides to get a 5930K working, then used a patch from the wonderful Brumbaer to allocate more memory during the PCI ConfigurationBegin phase, then it booted right up.

2) Updated VoodooTCSync with a 19 for the core setting.

3) Added brumbaer's patch for 5960X (search it on google, I'm not sure what the cross-posting/crediting rules are)..
View attachment 199709 View attachment 199710

Can you tell us how you updated the VoodooTCSync to make all 20 threads show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back