Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone get joy with Powermanagement / Sleep with the Broadwell E's?

Sleep is ok for me, but I've installed my nvme SSD and this causes the computer to not wake from sleep, I also haven't looked into power management and if my chip is running at full speed and turbo frequency is working or not.

How do I test this?

Hmm... Even my 1000$ 6900k is a lot faster than the maxed-out Mac Pro, so whats you point @genivn? For editing UHD Video you need a very fast System.

OS X for playing games? The [email protected] GHz is the best bang for the buck. And it is lightyears before the XEONs in single core applications, which sadly still exists.

thanks @JoeHidden, it seems to be only boosting to 3.5Ghz, seems i have some work to do

@axehomeyg what options did you have to set in the config.plist and Clover installation? I've been trying all I can think of in both Unibeast and Clover, but can't get my system to boot with the 6950x. I will try your suggestion tomorrow of installing in a different machine.

Damn, this is great! I'm going to make a second x99 build with the Deluxe II & 6850K.
How come you have only one LAN port working, it's the same controller (i211-AT) for both... ?

Hi again

working on the hardware like crazy (not at this time on the installation of the hack...)
W-cooling take a while

so my tiny question with El Capitan X.11.6 is it possible to use SLI totally OK and efficience?

i have a huge opportunity to have 2 Strix 980Ti to the price of ONE (used but as new), but if it is useless cause not able to use the SLI under Mac OS X i prefer to not install both :(
thx!

ps: didnt find any clear info about SLI under Mac OS X, this is why i post (some forumers posted that it is OK or so on, but not real way to do it and with evidences also)

will the patch work for 6850k?
im stalled at apple logo ive tried everything i can think of (boot flags, bootloaders, bios etc etc)
Hi, did you ever succeed? I'm trying with 6800k and x99 ud4 but can't get to the installer. I've also tried a lot with no luck. Hope you made it and have some helping suggestions when dealing with the new broadwell E family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back