Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a 5960X / ASUS X99-A running 10.10.5 using Multibeast / Chimera and would love to drop a 6950X in there at some point and move to El Cap,

Just to be sure

You speak to just keep the X99-A?
cause the 6950x fits only on the X99-A II
yours doesn't accept the 14nm

You speak to just keep the X99-A?
cause the 6950x fits only on the X99-A II
yours doesn't accept the 14nm

Hmmm I thought all that was needed was a BIOS update to get that mobo working with Broadwell-E?

If not, then the X99 Deluxe II is looking really nice...

Any additional thoughts are much appreciated!

Did someone get joy with Powermanagement / Sleep with the Broadwell E's?

Hmmm I thought all that was needed was a BIOS update to get that mobo working with Broadwell-E?

If not, then the X99 Deluxe II is looking really nice...

I am sure at 100%; please visit the asus website, and some infos on the net too:
the version 1 as deluxe, 99-A etc etc: dont support the 14nm, the same mobo in version II: yes! ;)
the unique one which can, just with a bios update is the rampage V extreme (but not the same price)

Hi all,

I have a 5960X / ASUS X99-A running 10.10.5 using Multibeast / Chimera and would love to drop a 6950X in there at some point and move to El Cap, which leads me to my first question;

How does one go about changing core-setting in VoodooTCSync?

It appears it could be as simple as opening up the VoodooTSCSync.kext in Textwrangler and changing the following lines from:

<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>15</integer>

to:

<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>19</integer>

Would this be correct?

That's all I did!

That's all I did!

U mean that u have your config (with a 6950x) on a asus X99-A (not the version II)?

i saw everywhere that the version I of deluxe and X99-A cannot support 14nm processor...
this is why new models came out the X99-A II and deluxe II ...

That's all I did!

Wowzers!

So, did you drop it in an existing Yosemite install and it worked?

If so, did you upgrade to El Cap afterwards or do a fresh install?

Wowzers!

So, did you drop it in an existing Yosemite install and it worked?

If so, did you upgrade to El Cap afterwards or do a fresh install?

No, I did a clean install of El Cap (using the installer) to an SSD. And then, placed that SSD in the hackintosh so that I could boot with Clover and not get kicked out because of USB ports failing (and having the booted USB stick fail). Booting from a stick would have been far more convenient, but I needed this tip to get past that issue.

Also, it was on an Asus X99 Deluxe II. It didn't need a bios update, worked right away.

Ah ok got it.. Makes sense!

I've been wanting to do a build with the Asus X99 Deluxe II - due to various features, including integrated wifi - which was working out the box I presume?

Ah ok got it.. Makes sense!

I've been wanting to do a build with the Asus X99 Deluxe II - due to various features, including integrated wifi - which was working out the box I presume?
Yeah, wifi 2.4ghz works. It won't see my 5ghz network. Only one of the Ethernet ports works. USB ports still intermittently disappear between boots. And Bluetooth shows the hardware and driver loaded but won't allow a connection. I'm sure there is a solution for all of that but I'm just using the box as a glorified CI server for Xcode so I don't need to fix any of that to leverage the blazing speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back