Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

My DW1560 also shows "THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE" with all the kexts running.

Are you able to connect to Bluetooth devices now?

The order that the Bluetooth kexts are listed in config.plist matters. You can try BluetooFixup.kext ahead of the other Bluetooth kexts or last.

Did you check what your Wi-Fi TX rate is?
Same issue as before - I can see my MX Master 3 mouse, but I cannot connect to it - just shows spinny progress indicator forever.

Speedtest.net:
(Used Stats to confirm no network activity during tests)
USBC Ethernet Dock on gigabit home ethernet to gigabit provider fiber: 249/337.
DW1830 to Unifi / Ubiquiti hardware: 71/49.
DW1830 to provider's router: (paused to let ads load without a pihole): 17/27, then 7/8, then 12/34.
DW1830 to Unifi / Ubiquiti hardware (again): 62/72
I'm two American inside walls away from both WAPs.

hi,

i have a mac pro 5,1. recently i decided i needed to run mountain lion for the development of an asus xonar sound card driver.

i have a BCM943602CDP card and it works fine for anything yosemite and higher. the yosemite installer even gives me wifi capabilities.

shouldn't i be able to use AirportBrcmFixup to get some kind of wifi functionality in mountain lion? i was going to ask the same thing for bluetooth, because my mouse works but i cannot access any real bluetooth features.

here's what IOReg and kextstat in 10.14.6 tell me:
| | | +-o AirPort_BrcmNIC <class AirPort_BrcmNIC, id 0x100000292, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 36>
| | | +-o en2 <class AirPort_BrcmNIC_Interface, id 0x1000002db, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 12>
| | | +-o AirPort_BrcmNIC_P2PInterface <class AirPort_BrcmNIC_P2PInterface, id 0x100000520, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 9>
| | | +-o AirPort_BrcmNIC_P2PInterface <class AirPort_BrcmNIC_P2PInterface, id 0x100000560, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 9>

GagansMacPro:~ Gagan$ kextstat | grep Brcm
75 0 0xffffff7f822a4000 0x7bc000 0x7bc000 com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC (1400.1.1) B5129032-B8C9-37E2-89AE-4F611B3F7F6E <74 73 72 27 13 8 7 6 5 3 1>
Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 9.36.39 PM.png

i tried to load AirportBrcmFixup via opencore, and it's loaded but i don't get wifi functionality.

was hoping to get some guidance before i try to add bluetooth. i would really love having these features in 10.8. and from what i understand, BRCM4360 wifi capabilities were added in 10.8.5 so i'm hoping it's a matter of adding the right vendor ID.

i understand the BRCM943602CDPAX was rolled out in 2015ish, so i am not expecting full features. but there *has* to be a way to get *something*, isn't therE?

Last edited:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext won’t work in any version of macOS older than Yosemite. The kext has been designed and created specifically not to work in the older versions. See the Notes section.

If you have a natively supported Broadcom card you don’t need any third-party kexts for the WiFi/BT to work.

@dclive try removing all the BT devices, and then reconnecting them.

The current BT connection settings may be looking for your Intel BT module. Now you have a Broadcom BT module installed, clearing all the old Intel BT settings may be the only way to get them to connect to the new Broadcom card.

The screenshot appears to point to an issue with a Thunderbolt ACPI address not being found, as the main cause of the kernel panic.

Are you using any thunderbolt devices?

@dclive try removing all the BT devices, and then reconnecting them.

The current BT connection settings may be looking for your Intel BT module. Now you have a Broadcom BT module installed, clearing all the old Intel BT settings may be the only way to get them to connect to the new Broadcom card.
This is a new (to me) machine, and I never attached anything via Intel BT.
I know it really does see the Master 3 b/c I didn't have it hooked up via BT to this machine before, and it's not tied to my Apple ID ofc.

The screenshot appears to point to an issue with a Thunderbolt ACPI address not being found, as the main cause of the kernel panic.

Are you using any thunderbolt devices?
No, I am not. Just a basic USBC dock for HDMI out and USBA and ethernet capability.

Same issue as before - I can see my MX Master 3 mouse, but I cannot connect to it - just shows spinny progress indicator forever.

Speedtest.net:
(Used Stats to confirm no network activity during tests)
USBC Ethernet Dock on gigabit home ethernet to gigabit provider fiber: 249/337.
DW1830 to Unifi / Ubiquiti hardware: 71/49.
DW1830 to provider's router: (paused to let ads load without a pihole): 17/27, then 7/8, then 12/34.
DW1830 to Unifi / Ubiquiti hardware (again): 62/72
I'm two American inside walls away from both WAPs.

I don't know why it's giving you problems... That's the same way I have the Bluetooth kexts set up on several different hackintoshes. I have also tested the same settings on a DW1830 and it worked.

If you hold the Option key and click on the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner of Finder, what do you see?

This is from a DW1560:
Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 2.55.35 AM.png

AirportBrcmFixup.kext won’t work in any version of macOS older than Yosemite. The kext has been designed and created specifically not to work in the older versions. See the Notes section.

If you have a natively supported Broadcom card you don’t need any third-party kexts for the WiFi/BT to work.

hi,

it is natively supported after yosemite. it is a BCM43xx card.

i think the issue is that the model/vendor ID aren't present in the existing kexts for 10.8/10.9.

what can i try to add my vendor ID to the existing BCM43xx driver in 10.8.5?

to be precise, it's the: BCM943602CDP pci14e4,43ba. it was supported first in yosemite.

i am hoping there is a way to get this detected as the BCM94360CD, which is pci14e4,43a0.

i did successfully inject the AirportBrcmFixup but nothing happens. i tried adding the pci14e4,43a0 string to the IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortBrcm4360.kext but that didn't seem to work.

interestingly, in mojave, both 43a0 and 43ba are referenced in the BrcmAirPortNIC.kext. i was hoping this would let me use the 4360 kext.

maybe it's because i haven't tried to inject bluetooth as well, since this is a 2 in 1 card.

Last edited:
You can try adding the BCM94360CD device-id (0x43a0) to OpenCore config.plist or to your Clover config.plist, so the card is recognised and possibly activated in an earlier version of macOS. The device-id entry might look something like the DeviceProperties entry for my Broadcom WiFi card below.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 23.33.53.png

The Device Path, slot name, type and model entries can be obtained from Hackintool > PCIe tab, using the Export function. Then Copied to your system config.plist's DeviceProperties section.

The device-id and built-in entries would need to be manually added. This example is shown in an OC plist viewed in ProperTree plist editor.

You could also try adding the AirportBrcmFixup.kext boot argument to your config.plist:

brcmfx-driver=1 this enables/pushes the AirPortBrcm4360 kext for loading.

0 - AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG,​
1 - AirPortBrcm4360,​
2 - AirPortBrcmNIC,​
3 - AirPortBrcm4331​

These are the Broadcom WiFi kexts that function in Mountain Lion, Mavericks & Yosemite, with the corresponding card device id's listed against each kext.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 23.19.26.png

Back