Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

No, those are the 3 x kexts required for your Bluetooth module in Monterey or Ventura.

You don't have BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext installed do you? As this kext doesn't work in Monterey or with BlueToolFixup.kext.

Do you have the Bluetooth modules USB port enabled and set correctly in your USBPorts.kext/USBMap.kext? Should be the same port that the Intel card used, but best to check that it is working all the same.

BrcmBluetoothInjector not installed.

Hackintool: HS07, green, is the BCM2045A0. So I think we're OK on the USB count. Internal.

Booting with just Airportbrcmfixup 2.16 and Bluetoolfixup 2.64 works fine, but BT says "Third party dongle" and firmware shows v8453 c4096, which I understand means rom wasn't patched (which makes sense, because when I boot with those other two (brcmpatchram3, brcmfirmwaredata) the machine won't boot.

So - status now: wifi continues to work fine, airportbrcmfixup and bluetoolfixup are installed, but neither of the other 2 are installed. What's the best next step to get BT working? I can try one or the other to see which causes the crash...but I just wanted to confirm I am doing it right, and it's odd one or both of those two kexts causes a no-boot situation.

Last edited:
BrcmBluetoothInjector not installed.

Hackintool: HS07, green, is the BCM2045A0. So I think we're OK on the USB count. Internal.

Booting with just Airportbrcmfixup 2.16 and Bluetoolfixup 2.64 works fine, but BT says "Third party dongle" and firmware shows v8453 c4096, which I understand means rom wasn't patched (which makes sense, because when I boot with those other two (brcmpatchram3, brcmfirmwaredata) the machine won't boot.

So - status now: wifi continues to work fine, airportbrcmfixup and bluetoolfixup are installed, but neither of the other 2 are installed. What's the best next step to get BT working? I can try one or the other to see which causes the crash...but I just wanted to confirm I am doing it right, and it's odd one or both of those two kexts causes a no-boot situation.

These are the kexts you need to get Bluetooth working.
Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 5.36.16 PM.png

Also, check what your max Wi-Fi Tx Rate is on the DW1830. I recently tried one out and it topped out at approx 434Mbps. My DW1560s and BCM94360CS2s top out at around 867Mbps and my BCM943602CS tops out above 1100Mbps.

Hold on - the BrcmBlueToothInjector folks say not to use it for anything post-MacOS 11. (https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM)
These are the kexts you need to get Bluetooth working.
View attachment 560991

Also, check what your max Wi-Fi Tx Rate is on the DW1830. I recently tried one out and it topped out at approx 434Mbps. My DW1560s and BCM94360CS2s top out at around 867Mbps and my BCM943602CS tops out above 1100Mbps.
Confused.

I think your picture is saying for any MacOS under 20.99, use Brcmbluetoothinjector (and don't load it for anything later). Right?

Thus we're at three kexts for modern MacOS 13.1: firmwaredata, patchram3, and btfixup, yes?

Yes. That is what the screenshot shows.
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext is not enabled in macOS Monterey or newer.
  • BlueToolFixup.kext is only enabled in a macOS release newer than Big Sur.

Right. So when I enable those 2 kexts, the machine crashes, as described. I'm gathering nobody's seen this one before ?

No, I've not come across this issue before. You should be able to enable both kexts and the system boot normally.
  1. Can you add -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 to your boot arguments.
  2. Then reboot your system with the two kexts enabled.
  3. Post a photo of the kernel panic verbose text, get the whole screen if possible, so we can see what is happening immediately before the KP and if any other kext or issue is mentioned.

Attached pls find the photo and the efi .... (they're disabled in this efi jzip; rest assured they're both enabled in the error pic...)

Attachments

• EFI X1C6 OC87.zip
    28.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2820.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg
    699.3 KB · Views: 53
The last item, firmware, causes the crash. Leaving the other one intact is fine, but disabling firmware resulted just now in a boot.

Bluetooth Controller:
Address: 60:6D:C7:C6:28:8C
State: On
Chipset: THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: v8453 c4096
Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT SerialPort >
Transport: USB
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

That's what BT says now, without brcmfirmwaredata.kext enabled, but the others enabled.

Without brcmfirmwaredata.kext: Trying to add a BT device : I can _see_ the BT device (Mx Master 3) but when I click to connect, I get Apple spinny graphics and nothing actually connects.

Wow. So https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ktext.html#wifi-and-bluetooth isn't kidding about the order of kexts. Putting firmwaredata first and patchram3 second fixes bootup.

Same "look" to the Bluetooth section (above) as before. 4096 is still there; firmware update isn't happening, I think ...

Last edited:
The last item, firmware, causes the crash. Leaving the other one intact is fine, but disabling firmware resulted just now in a boot.

Bluetooth Controller:
Address: 60:6D:C7:C6:28:8C
State: On
Chipset: THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: v8453 c4096
Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT SerialPort >
Transport: USB
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

That's what BT says now, without brcmfirmwaredata.kext enabled, but the others enabled.

Without brcmfirmwaredata.kext: Trying to add a BT device : I can _see_ the BT device (Mx Master 3) but when I click to connect, I get Apple spinny graphics and nothing actually connects.

My DW1560 also shows "THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE" with all the kexts running.

Are you able to connect to Bluetooth devices now?

The order that the Bluetooth kexts are listed in config.plist matters. You can try BluetooFixup.kext ahead of the other Bluetooth kexts or last.

Did you check what your Wi-Fi TX rate is?

Back