Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

As I read the OC Wireless guide your BCM94360NG doesn't require either of those kexts, as it is using a chipset that matches a native Apple Card.

Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 23.01.26.png

IF you want to use the kexts, then this is the data you need to select the correct kexts for the version of macOS you are using.

Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 23.00.07.png

The information/screenshots above were taken from the M.2 section of the Wireless Buyers Guide.

Wich kext are neccesary for an Fenvi M.2 Card Bcm4360ng in Monterrey to work properly?

Dortania's Guide says:
But I am not shure.

As I read the OC Wireless guide your BCM94360NG doesn't require either of those kexts, as it is using a chipset that matches a native Apple Card.

View attachment 546887

IF you want to use the kexts, then this is the data you need to select the correct kexts for the version of macOS you are using.

View attachment 546888

The information/screenshots above were taken from the M.2 section of the Wireless Buyers Guide.

I use that card in my laptop which requires no kexts

(only having a proper USBPorts.kext setup correctly)

View attachment 546887

View attachment 546888

Thanks, the word "besides" threw me off

Hello everyone, I'm posting here to have opinions on a problem i'm encountering with my new build. I've successfully complete this build, thanx again to Middleman, who's been a very helping chap. (Z490 Xtreme + i9 10900k + RX 5700XT). I've attached my Config.plist just in case, with all the sensitives redacted.

The only thing that I wanted to add to his build was a BCM94360CS2 mounted on a PCIex1 (short) adapter. I own one and it works flawlessly on my current setup.

However when I installed it on a PCIe x4 (long) and plugged it on a USB2 header on the new setup, the card was not recognised at all, Monterey 12.3 doesn't know the card is plugged at all. Though, I managed to have wifi from the onboard intel card, and Bluetooth from the BCM94360CS2.

I guess I'm missing something, or that a kext or a quirk is getting in the way of the BCM94360CS2 being recognised.

Is AirportBRCMFiuxup needed ? I don't use it on my normal setup (Monterey 12.1) and the wifi works just fine...

Does anyone have a clue regarding this little problem ?

Cheers !

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.9 KB · Views: 49
Hello everyone, I'm posting here to have opinions on a problem i'm encountering with my new build. I've successfully complete this build, thanx again to Middleman, who's been a very helping chap. (Z490 Xtreme + i9 10900k + RX 5700XT). I've attached my Config.plist just in case, with all the sensitives redacted.

The only thing that I wanted to add to his build was a BCM94360CS2 mounted on a PCIex1 (short) adapter. I own one and it works flawlessly on my current setup.

However when I installed it on a PCIe x4 (long) and plugged it on a USB2 header on the new setup, the card was not recognised at all, Monterey 12.3 doesn't know the card is plugged at all. Though, I managed to have wifi from the onboard intel card, and Bluetooth from the BCM94360CS2.

I guess I'm missing something, or that a kext or a quirk is getting in the way of the BCM94360CS2 being recognised.

Is AirportBRCMFiuxup needed ? I don't use it on my normal setup (Monterey 12.1) and the wifi works just fine...

Does anyone have a clue regarding this little problem ?

Cheers !
SSDT-UIAC.aml should be removed as you already have the kext version USBPorts.kext

make sure you have set the port to 255 (internal) in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext

no kexts are required for that card

Thanx again @Feartech, you tried to help me on a previous problem I had, that coincidentally was not a problem (sorry for the bother). I will try to remove SSDT-UIAC next time I work on the build, tonight most likely.

For the USBPorts.kext, I didn't make it, so I have no clue what you mean by setting the port to 225. I used the kext that came with the build, I usually don't do that and try to make my own things, but I'm really short on time, not up to date with the latest developments of Hackintoshing, and i'm sure the build has been done thoroughly.

I did a quick search in text mode of the info.plist and "225" didn't come up, nor did "internal". Would you mind elaborating, so I can properly add this line where it belongs ? And, if you have the time, for my own knowledge, could you explain why that is important, and what it does ? (never miss an opportunity to learn something)

Oh and if it can help, i also tried to plug the BCM94360CS2 on a ngff adapter to be able to connect it instead of the intel wifi chip (just i case PCIe was in cause) and it didn't work either.

Cheers!

Thanx again @Feartech, you tried to help me on a previous problem I had, that coincidentally was not a problem (sorry for the bother). I will try to remove SSDT-UIAC next time I work on the build, tonight most likely.

For the USBPorts.kext, I didn't make it, so I have no clue what you mean by setting the port to 225. I used the kext that came with the build, I usually don't do that and try to make my own things, but I'm really short on time, not up to date with the latest developments of Hackintoshing, and i'm sure the build has been done thoroughly.

I did a quick search in text mode of the info.plist and "225" didn't come up, nor did "internal". Would you mind elaborating, so I can properly add this line where it belongs ? And, if you have the time, for my own knowledge, could you explain why that is important, and what it does ? (never miss an opportunity to learn something)

Oh and if it can help, i also tried to plug the BCM94360CS2 on a ngff adapter to be able to connect it instead of the intel wifi chip (just i case PCIe was in cause) and it didn't work either.

Cheers!
there is more info here:
you should really make your own kext as all systems are different

Update on my situation, as recommended by @Feartech i deleted SSDT-UIAC.aml, and I checked USBport.kext and it seems fine, to the extent of I could understand. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml was missing, so I compiled a custom one, but the results are still the same, no wifi from the apple card...

I took some screenshots from hackintool (boot+pci) if that can shed some light on the problem.

Thanx guys if you have an idea...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.53.32.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.53.32.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.55.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.55.18.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 68
Back