Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

You can delete that line altogether. It's something I added, because it takes a few seconds for my computer to wake up.
yup removing it made things alot faster for me, about 2-3 seconds max now

Actually, it's quite simple and straightforward.

1. Download Eventscripts from App Store.
2. Download my wakeup-bluetoothfix.scpt (attached), open, and replace "xxx" with your own username and sudo password.
3. Get this scpt into Eventscripts
Thanks that's really helpful, I have downloaded Eventscripts and now this has fixed my problem. I can't seem to get sleepwatcher working at all even though I am confident that I have followed all the steps correctly and none of the recent troubleshooting steps work for me. I had my power management settings working quite well in Big Sur/catalina so I am not sure if they are causing any niggles here. I did have to move to iMac 17,1 SMBIOS for Monterey though so maybe I need to do some more checking to see if I am all setup correctly still.

The only slight niggle with the eventscripts solution is that you have to store your password in plain text however it is much less annoying than having to reset bluetooth on each login!

great info, yes i am on 12.1, ive never used anything else, i came straight from big sur to 12.1

great that your card is working as it should, this is likely because its BCM943602CS which was the card used in 2015 macbook pros (12,1 11,4 11,5) wheras the BCM94360CS (also a 3 antenna card) was used in the 2013 and 2014 Macbook pro models (11,1 11,2 11,3)

the difference between a BCM943602CS and BCM94360CS is that the BCM943602CS has bluetooth 4.1/4.2 (bluetooth 4.1 with bluetooth 4.2 spec features, in accordance with bluetooth 4.2 standard) whereas the BCM94360CS only has 4.0 i believe, however it might report 4.1 in some situations

ive done extensive testing with both these cards, the BCM94360CS works with HID proxy mode, and the BCM943602CS does not, what this means is that the cards behave almost the same in real world usage but the BCM943602CS will never be able to provide a connection from a bluetooth keyboard to opencore bootloader or the BIOS page (i am open to being proven wrong), with HID proxy on the BCM94360CS this is possible.

the BCM94360CS2 exhibits the same functionality of the BCM94360CS with a 2 antenna configuration compared to 3. this was the card used in 2013-2014 macbook airs

hopefully this explains why your issues went away, and why they probably will remain for some (BCM94360CS and BCM94360CS2 are not used in macbook which support Monterey)

as for what you mentioned about following the steps from the sleepwatcher devleoper, they are simply worded in a way which is not really comprehend able for someone with no experience doing these things.

as for the sleep 5 command can i remove the 5 and have no number? or do i need a 0 or 1?
You're not right, BCM943602CS have 3 antennas: https://www.ebay.com/itm/353513685214. - I bought here.
and PCI-E adapter from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002505729442.html.
And my Apple Magic Mouse 2 work in BIOS and others.

New solution for SleepWatcher, can someone help: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1821#issuecomment-1001007081

"Actually you are installing a launchd daemon that emulates the behavior of old versions of SleepWatcher (executes rc.wakeup, rc.sleep and other scripts). It's unnecessary, as you can put the action directly into the launchd plist. Here is the example that I promised:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>de.bernhard-baehr.sleepwatcher</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/usr/local/sbin/sleepwatcher</string>
<string>-w</string>
<string>bash -c "sleep 5 &amp;&amp; killall -9 bluetoothd BlueTool"</string>
</array>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
<key>KeepAlive</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>
Put int into /Library/LaunchDaemons with a .plist extension.

However, restarting bluetoothd and BlueTool doesn't always solve the issues. Sometimes the module itself seems to get stuck and can't be enabled even by restarting macOS, it needs shutdown and cold boot."

I disabled XMP and BT run when wake up :crazy:

Actually, it's quite simple and straightforward.

1. Download Eventscripts from App Store.
2. Download my wakeup-bluetoothfix.scpt (attached), open, and replace "xxx" with your own username and sudo password.
3. Get this scpt into Eventscripts
ive got quite dead-ended, as of 12.2 it seems that hibernate mode 25 breaks waking from sleep, switching back to hibernate mode 3 fixes the issue but now my sleepwatcher script doesnt work.

so i purchased Eventscripts from app store, added my username and pass, and tried to trigger it when waking from sleep, aswel as many other options like screen password unlocked, but it still doesnt work, any ideas?

Do you need to edit the sleepwatcher script to reflect the change to the Hibernation Mode you are now using. Is Hibernation mode 25 coded in to the script?

Do you need to edit the sleepwatcher script to reflect the change to the Hibernation Mode you are now using. Is Hibernation mode 25 coded in to the script?
as i understand it hibernation mode 25 is not specified in the script so it should technically work with any form of wake from sleep AFAIK

Back