Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Thanks for reply @Edhawk
Just followed all the steps above - USBPorts.kext hasn't changed anything - all USB ports work as before
Wifi works but no Bluetooth.

Sleep function works, but function keys got screwed by something - they don't work as they should
no sound control accept in Preferences , no brightness control accept in preferences .

Touching brightness function keys even once disables Trackpad completely till restart.

No idea where to look to revert/repair those keys to normal operation and to repair Trackpad -
something in config.plist or ?
you will have to create a new thread for your other issues, as this thread is for wifi and bluetooth

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with BCM94360CS and PCI adapter.

These are not detected in Hackintosh at all.

I tried the lowest and second lowest PCI port with no luck.

Additionally, I am unsure how to connect antennas to BCM as they wouldn't hold. I assume it would be dectable anyways though, so that's a separate issue.

System:
MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)
Asus B550 Gaming Tuf-Plus (no WI-Fi version)
Graphics - RX580
Latest version of BIOS

I am using Opencore. All the files are attached as per the manual in the first post.

Your help is enormously appreciated. Been battling with Wi-Fi for months now...

Cheers

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 45
  • Archive.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20211020_192311.jpg
    20211020_192311.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with BCM94360CS and PCI adapter.

These are not detected in Hackintosh at all.

I tried the lowest and second lowest PCI port with no luck.

Additionally, I am unsure how to connect antennas to BCM as they wouldn't hold. I assume it would be dectable anyways though, so that's a separate issue.

System:
MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)
Asus B550 Gaming Tuf-Plus (no WI-Fi version)
Graphics - RX580
Latest version of BIOS

I am using Opencore. All the files are attached as per the manual in the first post.

Your help is enormously appreciated. Been battling with Wi-Fi for months now...

Cheers
think those connectors are too big

W
think those connectors are too big
Would you mean the antenna connectors? They seem to fit but never "click in". The BCM chip fits into the slot perfectly, and the adapter fits into PCI slot perfectly, too

W

Would you mean the antenna connectors? They seem to fit but never "click in". The BCM chip fits into the slot perfectly, and the adapter fits into PCI slot perfectly, too
the wires, the connectors on the end seem to look too large, or maybe it is just the image

They do look and feel a little bizarre and they won't stick. However, I don't think that this would be the main reason for the card to be undetected.

If anything, I could solder these to the module?

Attachments

• 20211020_211050.jpg
    20211020_211050.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
They do look and feel a little bizarre and they won't stick. However, I don't think that this would be the main reason for the card to be undetected.

yes, they are too large

I don't think that this would be the main reason for the card to be undetected.
The antenna connectors will not affect detection of the card.
Soldering them is a bad idea.

You need to connect the USB cable and to configure your USB ports correctly.

Looks like you got a card that has wrong connectors on the pigtail antennas... I believe BCM94360CS2 uses MHF4.

That being said, the antenna should not cause your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card to not be detected.

IPEX.jpg

Back