Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Was there a 'Hibernated' notice on the Clover boot screen when you opened the lid? Did it run through the full Clover boot, or was it a unusually quick boot back to the macOS login screen?

Was there a 'Hibernated' notice on the Clover boot screen when you opened the lid? Did it run through the full Clover boot, or was it a unusually quick boot back to the macOS login screen?
haven't seen hibernated notice... just clover screen with OSX disc selection and when I clicked enter - it booted with Apple logo fairly quick. than there was a popup that computer crashed.

OK, previously Clover was set to use a form of Hibernation mode. I thought it might have slipped in to that state, rather than a Kernel Panic causing a system crash.

OK, previously Clover was set to use a form of Hibernation mode. I thought it might have slipped in to that state, rather than a Kernel Panic causing a system crash.
Ive disabled hibernation mode and run " improve sleep" script from DarkVoid as first thing after initial Mojave installation. Dont know wat causing those kernel panics and restarts. Could be those 3rd party kexts in Extention folder..?

Updated all kexts , Installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into my Clover/kexts/Other folder there is now bluetooth available on DW1560
Moved the same kexts from Clover to Library/Extentions - no bluetooth
no matter what kexts :(

Hackintool PCIe and peripherals section recognizes DW1560 as WIFI and Bluetooth, though no FW loaded by bluetooth part.

Hackintool USB ports shows HS03 / port 0x03 Internal 12 Mbps device : BCM20702A0 ( DW1560 Wifi ?) does bluetooth has to be there too on another port?

Clover configurator doesn't show Broadcom or Airport device in its Devices / Properties section.

what do you thing is wrong with bluetooth .. could it be defective card or something in my Clover config file ?

please have a look at the screenshots

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Clover:kexts:Other.png
    Clover:kexts:Other.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Hackintool PCIe.png
    Hackintool PCIe.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Hackintool Peripherals.png
    Hackintool Peripherals.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Hackintool USB Ports.png
    Hackintool USB Ports.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Clover Acpi.png
    Clover Acpi.png
    548.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Clover Devices.png
    Clover Devices.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 58
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    387 bytes · Views: 36
Last edited:
Config.plist:
You have retained your Serial Number etc. in the Config.plist attached above. This is really unwise, as any unscrupulous git could come along and copy your setup and use it on their own. Remove your Config.plist from the post above, ASAP!

If you don't you will need to generate a new SMBIOS for your setup. Otherwise you may end up with activation issues with Apple's servers for Messages, iCloud etc.

USB:
USBInjectAll.kext is normally used during the USB discovery phase. When you have used Hackintool or another tool to create a USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext for your system, then you shouldn't use USBInjectAll.kext alongside either of these kexts.

The exception to this is when you create and use an SSDT-UIAC.aml, which is the original way we were shown to create a custom USB config for our hacks by Rehabman. Then you would need to retain and use USBInejctAll.kext alongside the SSDT-UIAC.aml in your system.

The screenshots above don't show as having either of these two kexts.

The config.plist attached above shows SSDT-UIAC.aml in the sorted order section on the ACPI tab in Clover configurator. Can you post a copy of the SSDT-UIAC.aml, so we can see what it is doing. It should correspond with the screenshot from Hackintool, showing the USB ports you have active in your system.

The only port I can't see any logic to is HS04, which you have down as being 'Internal'. Do you know what device if any is connected to this port?

Your laptop has two external USB3 ports and one Thunderbolt port, that gives a total/maximum of six external ports, which are shown in the Hackintool screenshot.

You have the M.2 connector for WiFi/BT plus the Webcam, both use a single Internal USB2 port, HS03 & HS05 respectively.

If HS04 is not accessible externally, and it has nothing attached internally, which the screenshot seems to show and the Service Manual for your laptop indicates. Then it might be better to remove HS04 from your setup, as it may be causing the USB Sleep issues.

Config.plist:
You have retained your Serial Number etc. in the Config.plist attached above. This is really unwise, as any unscrupulous git could come along and copy your setup and use it on their own. Remove your Config.plist from the post above, ASAP!

If you don't you will need to generate a new SMBIOS for your setup. Otherwise you may end up with activation issues with Apple's servers for Messages, iCloud etc

the serial ive got in BIOS doesn't work anyway , but I've removed the Config.plist anyway as you suggested.

USB:
USBInjectAll.kext is normally used during the USB discovery phase. When you have used Hackintool or another tool to create a USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext for your system, then you shouldn't use USBInjectAll.kext alongside either of these kexts.
I haven't generated the USBPorts or USBmaps kexts yet, used Hackintool to just test what is attached externally and internally , should I generate them than and replace USBinjecALL.kext ?

The exception to this is when you create and use an SSDT-UIAC.aml, which is the original way we were shown to create a custom USB config for our hacks by Rehabman. Then you would need to retain and use USBInejctAll.kext alongside the SSDT-UIAC.aml in your system.

The screenshots above don't show as having either of these two kexts.
because as I mentioned above - haven't generated them...
The config.plist attached above shows SSDT-UIAC.aml in the sorted order section on the ACPI tab in Clover configurator. Can you post a copy of the SSDT-UIAC.aml, so we can see what it is doing. It should correspond with the screenshot from Hackintool, showing the USB ports you have active in your system.

attached SSDT-UIAC.aml to my previous post

The only port I can't see any logic to is HS04, which you have down as being 'Internal'. Do you know what device if any is connected to this port?

no idea , but maybe its the internal CF Card reader that I've disabled in BIOS setup as suggested?

Your laptop has two external USB3 ports and one Thunderbolt port, that gives a total/maximum of six external ports, which are shown in the Hackintool screenshot.

You have the M.2 connector for WiFi/BT plus the Webcam, both use a single Internal USB2 port, HS03 & HS05 respectively.

If HS04 is not accessible externally, and it has nothing attached internally, which the screenshot seems to show and the Service Manual for your laptop indicates.

Then it might be better to remove HS04 from your setup, as it may be causing the USB Sleep issues.
should I remove it in Hackintool and generate USBports kext/kexts then?

Ive got the sleep function working ( kinda) but the function keys F10/F11/F12 that used to control Brightness and F1/F2/F3 to control Sound suddenly stopped controlling those functions altogether - when I push them the trackpad stops working ...and trackpad doesn't come back until I reboot..
any idea what have changed that behavior ?

Personally I would do the following:
  1. Remove HS04 from the Hackintool USB config, if as you say it is serving the disabled card reader.
  2. 'Export' the revised USB config from Hackintool to the desktop, last button on the right below list of ports.
  3. Check that the connector types are correct in the USBPorts.kext
    1. Right click on the USBPorts.kext
    2. Open Contents folder
    3. Open Info.plist, which will show the Usb config and connector types for each port activated by the kext.
  4. Add the checked USBports.kext created by Hackintool to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  5. Remove the USBInjectAll.kext from the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  6. Remove the SSDT-UIAC.aml from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Reboot the system and see if that makes any difference.

Not sure what you have done to get sleep 'kinda' working or what would effect the Function keys for sound and brightness to not work.

Personally I would do the following:
  1. Remove HS04 from the Hackintool USB config, if as you say it is serving the disabled card reader.
  2. 'Export' the revised USB config from Hackintool to the desktop, last button on the right below list of ports.
  3. Check that the connector types are correct in the USBPorts.kext
    1. Right click on the USBPorts.kext
    2. Open Contents folder
    3. Open Info.plist, which will show the Usb config and connector types for each port activated by the kext.
  4. Add the checked USBports.kext created by Hackintool to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  5. Remove the USBInjectAll.kext from the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  6. Remove the SSDT-UIAC.aml from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Reboot the system and see if that makes any difference.

Not sure what you have done to get sleep 'kinda' working or what would effect the Function keys for sound and brightness to not work.

Thanks for reply @Edhawk
Just followed all the steps above - USBPorts.kext hasn't changed anything - all USB ports work as before
Wifi works but no Bluetooth.

Sleep function works, but function keys got screwed by something - they don't work as they should
no sound control accept in Preferences , no brightness control accept in preferences .

Touching brightness function keys even once disables Trackpad completely till restart.

No idea where to look to revert/repair those keys to normal operation and to repair Trackpad -
something in config.plist or ?

Last edited:
Did you delete/disable any other kexts while making the USBPorts.kext changes?

Back