Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

1. Bluetooth completely non-functional, doesn't even show up, and Wifi takes several minutes to come online/start working upon startup. Trying with and without the SSDT-UIAC.aml yielded the same result. Not sure if it is needed anyways since I already have USBPorts.kext in kexts/Other
2. MacOS 10.15.5, HP OEM H170 "Hamar" motherboard, Core i7-6700T, Intel HD Graphics 530
3. Followed the "Broadcom WiFi/BT Installation" part of this guide
4. All requested files attached

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 78
1. Bluetooth completely non-functional, doesn't even show up, and Wifi takes several minutes to come online/start working upon startup. Trying with and without the SSDT-UIAC.aml yielded the same result. Not sure if it is needed anyways since I already have USBPorts.kext in kexts/Other
2. MacOS 10.15.5, HP OEM H170 "Hamar" motherboard, Core i7-6700T, Intel HD Graphics 530
3. Followed the "Broadcom WiFi/BT Installation" part of this guide
4. All requested files attached

Update your kext AirportBrcmFixup : https://github.com/acidanthera/airportbrcmfixup/releases put on E/C/K/O folder

add a property to the WIFI card : "pci-aspm-default | NUmber | 0" (Your IOReg pci-aspm-default saw = 103)

For Bluetooth on Catalina you must use BrcmPatchRAM3, Update your kexts : https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/tag/2.5.4
Put 3 kexts on E/C/K/O : BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM3

1. I have a BCM94360CS2 and am using an NGFF (?) to M2 adapter in the M2 key M slot on the back of the motherboard.
At first neither Bluetooth nor Wifi worked, but I was able to get native BT to work (works in BIOS) by remapping my USB ports. Range was very poor (~1ft), but improved after attaching antennas.
However, Wifi does not work at all. As far as I can tell, the wifi adapter is not recognized and the wifi icon is grayed out and not responsive. (Sometimes, I can click on it, but on/off toggle does nothing at all). Can you help?
2. OSX Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021) / Gigabyte z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI / BIOS F8c / CPU i5-9400 / iGPU Intel UHD630
3. I used the instructions in the first post ("Broadcom WiFi/BT Installation").
4. Files attached

Attachments

• seedubs Wifi troubleshooting.zip
    981.5 KB · Views: 80
The Broadcom WiFi card (plus adapter) will not work in either the M2P or M2M M.2 sockets because Gigabyte whitelist the WiFi to Intel only. However it will work using a PCIe to M.2 adapter in the expansion slot. I have a similar build with a BCM94360CD mounted into a 6+12 pin to M.2 adapter which I originally intended to mount in the rear M.2 socket. Like you I got the bluetooth working but not the WiFi. Then I mounted this combination onto the PCIe to M.2 adapter and both Bluetooth and WiFi are now working. Note that the Bluetooth requires the USB cable to be fitted. I used the F_USB1 header for this but struggled to get in working until I realised that this header is HS11 (not HS12 as I had assumed).

@raffycat that’s very strange because I’ve seen several threads with my exact motherboard working in either m2 slot

@raffycat that’s very strange because I’ve seen several threads with my exact motherboard working in either m2 slot
I was in exactly the same situation as you and I also found various threads claiming that this should work using the M.2 socket but on a more careful trawl I didn't actually find anyone who had actually got it working on this board using an M.2 slot. Doing this I also came across various posts (e.g. post 1,161 above) saying that this would not work because of Gigabyte restricting the WiFi to Intel modules (although I think they may have been referring to the CNVI slot). At this stage I decided to try the PCIe route and that worked straight away for WiFi (and also for Bluetooth once I had the right USB port mapped).

I was in exactly the same situation as you and I also found various threads claiming that this should work using the M.2 socket but on a more careful trawl I didn't actually find anyone who had actually got it working on this board using an M.2 slot. Doing this I also came across various posts (e.g. post 1,161 above) saying that this would not work because of Gigabyte restricting the WiFi to Intel modules (although I think they may have been referring to the CNVI slot). At this stage I decided to try the PCIe route and that worked straight away for WiFi (and also for Bluetooth once I had the right USB port mapped).
You are correct. I think the others are a bit confused. Either a PCIe or M.2 adapter will support any number of BCM cards. Both function the same and are supported by any system that has sockets to handle either interface.

What the others are referring to is the actual onboard dedicated M.2 slot that holds the Intel CNVi card. While on some boards the existing card can be replaced with a suitable BCM and M.2 adapter, on the Gigabyte boards these have been restricted to only talk to Intel chips.

If you’re plugging the M.2 into a slot on the board meant for an SSD, then there will be no issues provided you are using the correct kexts and your system is setup properly.

Hi, I have a same problem like you, some logs:

Code:
2020-09-29 00:35:02.142392+0800 0x26b      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOBluetoothFamily) **** [IOBluetoothHostController][SendHCIRequestFormatted] -- Returned Error -- Current power state is SLEEP -- cannot send out the HCI command -- mNumberOfCommandsAllowedByHardware is 1, inID = 177, opCode = 0x0c14, requestPtr = 0xf000

2020-09-29 00:35:12.404366+0800 0x74       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOUSBHostFamily) 001344.194163 BCM20702A0@14600000: IOUSBHostDevice::removePowerChild: BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport@(null)

2020-09-29 00:35:12.404391+0800 0x74       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport::handlePowerDomainWillChangeTo not in power tree

bluetoothd: (IOBluetooth) [com.apple.bluetooth:CBXPCManager] Not iCloud paired Devices fd-db-f8-8f-b3-fa

my card is not wake up,
Current power state is SLEEP -- cannot send out the HCI command
BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport::handlePowerDomainWillChangeTo not in power tree

Back