Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Go to post 1 on this thread. DW1820a is listed. The WiFi should be fine with the mentioned Kexts but Bluetooth may require another kext or two. Post your results after you get the card and then see if you need extra help.
Thanks a lot

Hello, I am looking for a Broadcom WiFi+BT card for my Dell XPS 9560 Hackintosh. Currently it has a factory Killer 1535 which is unspported under macOs
As I have read, the BCM94352Z DW1560 is a recommended card. However I came across a BCM94360NG card on ebay which they say is better than the 94352Z. Do you think is it compatibe with my XPS?

Update to 10.15.4
Broadcom bluetooth working like charm
Without any firmware or kext

Noteworthy:
What has changed in macOS 10.15.4?
Just about Bluetooth:
Bluetooth File Exchange, updated to 7.0.4
Fixes three Bluetooth bugs

Attachments

• Broadcom.png
    Broadcom.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hello,

The Bluetooth is not work after I update from 10.14.4 to 10.15.3 (BCM94352Z/DW1560), no problem for the Wi-Fi
No information can be found in System Information, I have install the kexts like BrcmPatchRAM3, BrcmBluetoohInjector, BrcmFramwareData from the Guide in Github.

The most wired thing is that the first time I finished installation, the Bluetooth work perfectly (Handoff, sidebar etc.) but the HDMI/DP audio is not work. Then I copied kexts from /E/C/k to /L/E , rebuild the kext cache and updated AppleALC, liu and whatevergreen, then the Bluetooth was broken and audio worked. From then, the Bluetooth is totally broken (No information found) even after re-install the system neither using old EFI.

I would be grateful if any could give some advises.

Motherboard: H310 (Deskmini 310)
processor: i5-8500
graphics: UHD630
Clover: 5107

Attachments

• debug_27516.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 72
What is the latest available working native card - are there any that have newer bluetooth than BT4LE? I see the latest MacMini has BT5.
I ask because my Apple Airpods have MUCH worse performance with my hackintosh than they do with my genuine Apple devices (Macbook Pro and iPhone). Would love to have as good a performance on my hackintosh.

What is the latest available working native card - are there any that have newer bluetooth than BT4LE? I see the latest MacMini has BT5.
I ask because my Apple Airpods have MUCH worse performance with my hackintosh than they do with my genuine Apple devices (Macbook Pro and iPhone). Would love to have as good a performance on my hackintosh.
Apple is using a new card for those and it’s a small company that doesn’t yet have any for public consumption. I did look into Broadcom (google it) for BT 5 and they have a new chip. It also has AX WiFi so we will need to wait on those to test out with current drivers. That may be a workable option if we can get ahold of those.

Apple is using a new card for those and it’s a small company that doesn’t yet have any for public consumption. I did look into Broadcom (google it) for BT 5 and they have a new chip. It also has AX WiFi so we will need to wait on those to test out with current drivers. That may be a workable option if we can get ahold of those.
OK thanks. Will stick with the standard cards for now and maybe explore my antennae situation.

After reading jaymonkey’s post, Clarification of Intel's new M.2 CNVi WiFi/BT Standard, #308. I started looking for Type M to Type E (also A+E) M.2 slot adaptors on AliExpress and found these two. Is this the same adapter?. It’s much, much cheaper than the other two mentioned in post #308. I have a spare M.2 slot on my board, so I purchased both of them in the interests of finding out!.
94A70368-051A-4349-BE4C-22F8976EECBA.jpeg

9C0FE093-9156-427D-B617-80CC802D8A00.jpeg
36A5D3C9-9572-4F66-8714-83E3DC71A230.png

Last edited:
TLDR: I am having a massive issue with the BCM94360CS2 card with NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter. I'm pretty sure I am having driver issues, either not having the right ones or having some that are conflicting. I have a Lenovo s340-15iwl laptop and am following this guide.

I am currently trying to get things set up on the windows side before my memory and extra hard drive come so I can get the MacOS side set up. The stock computer worked like a dream as I got started setting up my windows 10 side. I decided to swap out the stock wifi card when I got it on Friday. Virtually everyone in the 45 pages of that thread had zero issues and didn't even have to install any drivers. My computer went ballistic and I ended up having to do a complete reinstall. I managed to get the bluetooth to work after messing with drivers, but eventually I couldn't even find the wifi card in the device manager even after searching for 12 hours for various fixes. Now my original card doesn't seem to work at all as I can't even get it to show up in the device manager. After doing a complete reformatting and reinstall from a USB drive I managed to get the BCM94360CS2 to work partially for wifi for a short time, but it crashes and bricks after a random amount of time. If I install the driver I have seen recommended from the USB drive before install then it fails during install. If I install windows without wifi and then update the driver after install it works on wifi only, but not bluetooth. It doesn't stay functional though. The computer bricks for sure when I tell windows to install updates and other drivers start to install on things that were not able to install during startup.

I really need help either finding the actual correct drivers, or finding what is conflicting, or...I don't really now. Any help would be appreciated because I am at my wits end, and my wife is sick of me spending the last 3 days banging my head against this computer :)

Back