Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

need a little help. not sure if this is the correct place to find it.

i have a fenvi T919 that i bought fairly recently. it was working perfectly in mojave, both wifi and bluetooth for a month and a half. then tonight i upgraded directly from mojave to 10.15.1. graphics, sound, and wifi were a problem upon upgrade.
  • graphics: i had the black screen problem. i switched over to the intel graphics, updated the lilu and whatevergreen kexts, and amd graphics are back working.
  • audio: no audio. after updating the applealc kext, sounds works.
  • wifi: bluetooth works, but not wifi. i tried following the steps here and here, but still no wifi.
i'm at a loss. can anyone help? here are some screenshots that may help. i'm not sure. i am good at following directions, not great at understanding everything i'm doing.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 1.46.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 1.47.15 AM.png

after a ton more futzing around with it, i stumbled upon a fix. long story short, i took out all the broadcom fix junk i was trying and removed an old kext i still had floating around in my S/E folder: IO80211Family.kext. boom. all back up and running. hope this helps someone else.

The more I read, the more confused I get. I'm waiting to take delivery of a bargain HP Probook 4540s which has no BIOS whitelist for wifi cards. I ordered a BCM93422 which I now understand won't work. What is the cheapest card with the highest compatibility (Airdrop/Handoff)

Do any work without kexts or tinkering?

I haven't put a hardware profile up yet as I'm getting everything ready so please don't tell me off, been out of hackintosh scene for a while as I got richer and bought a MBPr lol, wanted a cheap laptop for bashing about on sites though and settled on a 4540s due to their amazing compatibility

What is the cheapest card with the highest compatibility (Airdrop/Handoff)

I don't know how much clearance there is in the laptop you purchased, but, for best compatibility, use an Apple made card. The BCM94360CS2 works well. No extra kexts or tinkering needed. But it requires an adaptor to work in M.2 slots.

If your laptop doesn't have enough clearance, the Dell DW1560 (or the Lenovo variant) works well. But these will require additional kexts and, since they are no longer being produced, have shot up in price.

The more I read, the more confused I get. I'm waiting to take delivery of a bargain HP Probook 4540s which has no BIOS whitelist for wifi cards. I ordered a BCM93422 which I now understand won't work. What is the cheapest card with the highest compatibility (Airdrop/Handoff)

I haven't put a hardware profile up yet as I'm getting everything ready so please don't tell me off, been out of hackintosh scene for a while as I got richer and bought a MBPr lol, wanted a cheap laptop for bashing about on sites though and settled on a 4540s due to their amazing compatibility

BCM94352HMB on eBay for $20 mini pci card.

BCM94352HMB on eBay for $20 mini pci card.
I've just ordered that one but in comparison to other cards here in the UK, it's relatively expensive @ £25 and still requires a bit of tinkering, nothing major but still adds to the list of stuff that can make updating more difficult etc

I'll get everything setup with that one but if I can have a genuine Apple card in my spare slot, still don't really know what the hell the slot is until I get it and investigate more

Do the BCM94360CS2 desktop cards work in Catalina? The BCM4360 based card I currently have does not.

Search for the brcmwififixupkext?

Thanks for the response but not sure what you mean. Do you mean AirportBrcmFixup.kext? Tried that for the BCM4360 but I was not able to get it working.

Back