Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

someone working with Fenvi FV t-919 in catalina ?
Yes, I have it installed on my BluEye G5. Everything seems to be working normally.

Can I use this chip in the image to my motherboard Z390I Aorus wifi pro? It is the BCM94360CS2 one, I bought from ebay. With a M.2 E to M adapter. I cannot find this adapter.

I too have the BCM94360CS2 in my Dell 9020, I didn't know you could pull out the chip. Does that mean I can take the chip out and plug it into the M2 / Intel CNVi slot on my H370M D3H motherboard?.

Hi, I ordered a CSR 4.0 bluetooth dongle, and read that these work natively with Mac.
To use it, do I need any kexts or editing, or is it just plug and use?
Note, currently (without the dongle), the bluetooth option doesn't show in System Preferences.

Mojave 10.14.6, HP 600PD TWR, Intel i5-4570, Intel HD 4600

someone working with Fenvi FV t-919 in catalina ?
Yes, I have it working too although wifi seems to "sleep" when my screen turns off and then takes about a minute to "wake". Bluetooth still works as it will wake my machine but Apple Watch unlock isn't working. So close!

I have the DW1830 m.2 in my desktop. Wifi works out of the box but I need to add 2 kexts to get Bluetooth working. According to this guide Bluetooth should work out of the box. What am I missing?

I have the DW1830 m.2 in my desktop. Wifi works out of the box but I need to add 2 kexts to get Bluetooth working. According to this guide Bluetooth should work out of the box. What am I missing?
It was there before. I don't know what happened.

I think I misread. The card has to be apple branded to work out of the box.

Last edited:

I always needed additional kexts for Bluetooth on a DW1830 to work.

Hello I also have problem with bluetooth (BCM94352 BCM94352HMB) in system report I have BCM20702A0 as usb device. The bluetooth seems to be off - cant turn it on. Wifi is working fine. In attachment i also have kexts, that I have in L/E folder (BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext). Cache is rebuilt with hackintool. I dont know how to fix my problem. Can somebody help me with this? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 08.12.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 08.12.51.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 107
  • file.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 105
Hello I also have problem with bluetooth (BCM94352 BCM94352HMB) in system report I have BCM20702A0 as usb device. The bluetooth seems to be off - cant turn it on. Wifi is working fine. In attachment i also have kexts, that I have in L/E folder (BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext). Cache is rebuilt with hackintool. I dont know how to fix my problem. Can somebody help me with this? Thank you

Based on your System Information > USB screenshot, it looks like it should be working.

Does your computer have software/hardware switches that can disable Bluetooth? I once accidentally did that on my Dell laptop and had to boot in to Windows to re-enable it...

Based on your System Information > USB screenshot, it looks like it should be working.

Does your computer have software/hardware switches that can disable Bluetooth? I once accidentally did that on my Dell laptop and had to boot in to Windows to re-enable it...

No, I dont. I do not have laptop, I have desktop dualboot with windows on it. The card is in combination with wifi - Half Mini PCI-E Card with no switches. Strage thing is, that after several reboots/restarts/coldboots, bluetooth is now on, but cant find any devices

Last edited:
Back