Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

After a lot of test and try I can boot normally on osx with Wifi and BT Enable in BIOS with the boot args

brcmfx-driver=1

Now, the system go online, the BT it seems works but if I try to use didn't working. The Wifi not see, even I set a patch on the config.plist.

Schermata 2019-09-11 alle 14.14.53.png

Schermata 2019-09-11 alle 15.06.07.png

I also attach the debug log.

Attachments

• debug_19259.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I ended up getting the Fenvi FV-T919 card, and it works in the bottom long slot.
Re: your M.2 adapter setup: what adapter are you using and where do you have this installed? Did you replace the Intel CNVI wifi card with an adapter + BCM94360CDPAX, or do you have it plugged into one of the M.2 slots intended for NVMe drives?

I ordered this one from eBay first (and a bunch of ufl to rp-sma cables) and then realised the BT-cable hindrance and ended up ordering another one (mea culpa for being so rash and not swiping any further in the search results), this one, to be specific. On my board you can't "replace" the CNVi card (else I would've ended up using the DW1830), so I ripped it out (quite a while ago, now that I think about it), because the combination would occasionally freeze the Windows boot-up, and placed my new card in the third (and last, namely M2P) M.2 Slot available (the others are occupied already with Samsung 970 pros, first one for Windows, second for Mac). Before getting there I also tried the WTXUP adapter, failed me again in this rig, but works in my x58 setup and it looks really nice!

Can't get my PCIe BCM94360CD to work 100%. The card is working at a reduced capability on WiFi since 802.11/AC is not reflected. Bluetooth is working, but can't get handoff/continuity and Apple Watch unlock to work.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 on a Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i5-9400 and Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8Gb. I used the procedure described at the beginning of this guide under "I. Broadcom WiFi/BT Installation".

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Attachments

• TroubleshootingFiles.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 81

Just a quick personal THANK YOU TOLEDA for the guide!!
THANK YOU REHABMAN for the fakeID kexts and patches!!!

A note on the guide: I just replaced the Atheros in my ProBook 470 G0 with a BCM94352HMB AzureWave, and I was about to post a problem request as the WiFi is seen, but doesn't want to "turn on"... when my eye caught elsewhere a weird mention about deleting the (old) network interfaces... and then it just *worked* !! so perhaps also, add in the first step where you state to remove all the old/previous .kexts (like the ProBookAtheros.kext :blush: nearly forgot about that .kext)
to also remove/delete the old WiFi interfaces from the network settings page.

Thanks again

Hi ben9923

I got a BCM94352Z and everything works well, but unlock with apple watch. "Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac" opt at the "Preferences > Security & Privacy" is enabled, but the password field pops up when login. Is there the problem of hardware and no anyway to resolve it?

Regards,
Xavier
I believe it's a hardware problem, as it's not 100% compatible with Apple's drivers. Using a wireless card found in an Apple device will probably resolve that.
Never saw anyone having Auto Unlock working correctly with a BCM94352Z.
Like you, I had it enabled, but it didn't actually work. Only right after enabling the option, without rebooting.

BT it seems works but if I try to use didn't working
USB not configured properly, SSDT-UIAC.aml/HS08 is not present. Off topic
4350 is sitting on RP05, not recognized. Edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixAirport/NO
Apply fixes, restart, reply with new files

Hi toleda, I add the HS08 on the SSDT-UIAC.aml , remove the FixAirport.
Apply this fix but the card not recognised.

I attach the debug

Attachments

• debug_9320.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 84
UPDATE:

Like the list on the site

[10.14]

• AirPortBrcm4360: 4331, 4353, IOProbeScore = 1400
  • AirPortBrcm4331: 4331, 4353, 432b, IOProbeScore = 800
  • AirPortBrcmNIC: 43ba, 43a3, 43a0, IOProbeScore = 1400
  • AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG: 43ba, 43a3, 43a0, IOProbeScore = -1000

I try to run the AirPortBrcmNIC with the

brcmfx-driver=2

to load naturally my wifi card (14e4,43a3), but in this case the system freeze . I have to set brcmfx-driver=1 to boot.

I attach the new log

Attachments

• debug_13625.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
Back