Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Yesterday I do a new test:

I enable in config.plist, under Kernel and Kext Patch :

• Kernel CPU
  • Kernel LAPIC
  • KernelPM
  • AppleIntelCPUPM
After this I enable the wifi & BT but without enable the switch. Surprise... at the first start , the device not working, but I can see on PCI List. I do a screenshoot

Schermata 2019-09-04 alle 17.24.00.png

As you see the Wireless take the PCI of the Wired Network and the Wired Network take other PCI Address.
With This , I'd like to retry if the systems with a reboot can see the device.

After the reboot the system hang and not boot , freezee a moment before the system going to the login screen with a apple.

I enable in config.plist, under Kernel and Kext Patch :

• Kernel CPU
  • Kernel LAPIC
  • KernelPM
  • AppleIntelCPUPM
Those patches address CPU PM, no effect on WiFi
After the reboot the system hang and not boot , freezee a moment before the system going to the login screen with a apple.
Clean install
KPs and freezes are installation problems, off topic

ok I understand, when I have more Time I do a clean install !

Thank you

plug BCM94331CSA PCIe on Window 10 and Mojave 10.14.6 only detected Bluetooth, in device manager not show any adaptor network for install driver. I change card wifi intel 9260AC PCIe, it native and work fine on Window 10.
Any idea for fix BCM94331 PCIe? Thank you.

Last edited:
plug BCM94331CSA PCIe on Window 10 and Mojave 10.14.6 only detected Bluetooth, in device manager not show any adaptor network for install driver. I change card wifi intel 9260AC PCIe, it native and work fine on Window 10.
Any idea for fix BCM94331 PCIe? Thank you.

This adapter works well in the HP notebooks. I’ve used 4-5 of them.

9C58794B-251A-4A7F-88E7-67CD387AAA4D.png

There is a BCM94360HMB, but I think you'll have similar results as your current card.
It works here too with a BCM94352Z, but not perfect (Handoff usually works one way only, Instant Hotspot not working, Auto Unlock not working...)
From what I know, the only way to get perfect Continuity operational with every feature 100% working is with an Apple card + an adapter.

With an Apple card, you would be getting an adapter anyway. Apple cards won't fit an M.2 (NGFF) slot as well.
If you can't find an adapter that'll make an Apple card fit in your motherboard, you can get an adapter that'll use your PCIe 1x slot (And the built-in wireless card slot will be unused).

Hi ben9923

I got a BCM94352Z and everything works well, but unlock with apple watch. "Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac" opt at the "Preferences > Security & Privacy" is enabled, but the password field pops up when login. Is there the problem of hardware and no anyway to resolve it?

Regards,
Xavier

Will try and report back. Meanwhile I grabbed my old USB 3.0 PCI card for testing purposes, as it is different than an Airport card, plugged it in and that one worked, too.
Did you get your WiFi/BT card working in your Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme? If so, what did you do? I don't have mine working yet, but I found that at least the machine will boot if it is installed in a long slot (not a 1XPCIe slot).

Did you get your WiFi/BT card working in your Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme? If so, what did you do? I don't have mine working yet, but I found that at least the machine will boot if it is installed in a long slot (not a 1XPCIe slot).

Problem is in the "long Slot" as you funnily enough call it :lol: it won't work (at least not in my case and obviously not just my case) and it doesn't work in a PCIe X1 adapter card still, as of yet, so my solution was to jump to a suitable M.2 adapter (and I call it suitable, because the BCM94360CDPAX is a little longer, than the BCM94360CD and thus comes in contact with the USB connector of most of the cards you can order from china. Found just one "suitable" as of as of yet).

Long story short: old problem persists, just found a workaround. Btw the BCCM94331CD still works in the PCIe X1 Slot with adapter, it's just the "newer" cards making problems.

Problem is in the "long Slot" as you funnily enough call it :lol: it won't work (at least not in my case and obviously not just my case) and it doesn't work in a PCIe X1 adapter card still, as of yet, so my solution was to jump to a suitable M.2 adapter (and I call it suitable, because the BCM94360CDPAX is a little longer, than the BCM94360CD and thus comes in contact with the USB connector of most of the cards you can order from china. Found just one "suitable" as of as of yet).

Long story short: old problem persists, just found a workaround. Btw the BCCM94331CD still works in the PCIe X1 Slot with adapter, it's just the "newer" cards making problems.
Hi @SuDoDmz
I ended up getting the Fenvi FV-T919 card, and it works in the bottom long slot.
Re: your M.2 adapter setup: what adapter are you using and where do you have this installed? Did you replace the Intel CNVI wifi card with an adapter + BCM94360CDPAX, or do you have it plugged into one of the M.2 slots intended for NVMe drives?

Back