Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I tried to read the entire thread but i keep getting confused. I have a strix Z370-i which features two m2 slots (M.2 Socket 3, , with M key). Since it doesn't offer another PCIe slot i have to go for a m.2 card. Every single recommendation says i should get an m2 card (BCM94360CS2 , p.e)and a NGFF adapter but i cant seem to understand how they fit (as my board has the 5pin wide and most of the NGFF offer A/E). Additionally, i have a spare AzureWave AW-CE123H, does it work ?

Last edited:
i cant seem to understand how they fit
Note: Asus specific
Remove the metal case (not the antenna jacks), remove Intel WiFi, install Broadcom M.2 A/E.
Modifications are required to the metal case
Try Search for successful modifications posts

Do I still have to patch USB if I use native card with M2 adapter?

I have ASUS Z390 pro gaming wifi, replaced intel wifi/bt module with BCM94360CSAX. Wifi works, bluetooth doesn't.

looking to turn my Thinkpad X1C6 into a hackintosh and was wondering what would be the best card to buy with money not being an issue?

After scouring the web (and also some threads here) I came to realize I'm indeed in dire need of professional help, so;

1. Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
  3. Procedure/Guide used
  4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (III. Tools 2.)
  5. Screenshots
    • DPCIManager/Status (III. Tools 3.)
    • System Information/Hardware/Network/WiFi
    • System Information/Hardware/Bluetooth
    • System Information/Hardware/USB (Select Bluetooth device)
  6. Clover (if installed)
    • EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    • DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log
    • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if WiFi edited)
    • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml (if WiFi edited)
  7. Put all files in a folder, compress and attach post on this thread

1. I have three Combo Cards (BCM94331CD, BCM94360CD, BCM943602CDP <- P/N 653-00011, the one with BT 4.2) and only the 4331 works in my Z390 build, the others won't even boot, when installed in PCIe x1 Slot (tried the other slots as well, because some users mentioned they got their cards working in x4 slot, nevertheless, it doesn't get recognised in the "big" slots, not even by Windows). Boot just stops somewhere at IO80211, or throws KP after something with apfs (sorry I don't have screenshots, because the cameras of my SFOS Xperia X and BB Classic just aren't good enough to capture a readable moment). The apfs thingy must definitely be related to the card (also saw other users with KPs like that disappearing after unplugging the "guilty" PCIe Devices). All cards get recognised and work in Windows (though the BCM943602CDP has some BT problems, related to Windows complaining about the AppleBT-Drivers being unsigned, Dev-Mode/Disable Driver Signature Check and it works like a charm). All three cards also work OOB in my x58 build, so I'm thinking it must be related either to something config related in OS X, or something PCIe related in BIOS settings (though I find that unlikely, because the 4331 card works in both x1 slots and my RX Vega on all the other slots. So I think I also can confirm the PCI slots are healthy).

What I also tried so far:

- Disable CNVi via BIOS, no effect/remove CNVi card, also no dice (though Windows startup is now less likely to freeze, due to some conflicts with my 4331 and CNVi card)

-FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, AiportBrcmFixup and Clover AirportFix

Haven't tried plugging in a DW1560/DW1830 card yet, because of negative user experiences with Gigabyte CNVi (might give it a try, though)

2. Mojave 10.14.6 (started with 10.13.3)/Z390 Aorus Xtreme/latest BIOS (F8a)/i9-9900K/Sapphire RX Vega 56 Nitro+

Maybe also worth mentioning:

-I'm using an LED Cinema Display (MiniDP to DP adapter, plugged into the RX Vega, plugged into the x16 slot).

-CPU is delidded and custom water cooled (due to TDP related user experiences), case is a bequiet Dark Base Pro v2

-Other devices are: Logitech Mouse Dongle and cable (for my G900) and a G910

-Windows and OS X are installed on 2x Samsung 970 Pro (Windows in 1st slot, closest to CPU, OS X 2nd slot, 3rd slot empty as of now) and an old WD Caviar green 1TB classic HDD (data graveyard) plugged in over SATA

3. Mainly used this guide of @CaseySJ (again many thanks, for bearing with me) and also posted there for help (but I think my problem became rather "specific", than "general" lately)
4.-7. all in the attachment (hope I got everything right)

Coffee Lake, to date:
true: Asus, ASRock Gigabyte B360
not true: Gigabyte Z390 and H370/310 motherboards

regarding this: do you now of any case, where an experiment was performed disabling CNVi over BIOS? I'm just curious, whether it completely disables the slot itself, or just disables the CNVi capability and "reverts" the slot to a normal M.2. I disabled CNVi on my board using the same method for disabling the CFG Lock (no CNVi options over BIOS settings), but haven't tested it yet.

Attachments

• PR.zip
    28.6 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
only the 4331 works in my Z390 build, the others won't even boot
The 4331 is working, not helpful.
Not booting with the 4360 is not a WiFI problem.
Remove any and all wifi kexts, patches, etc.
The 4360 is supported natively.
If your system does not boot with the 4360 installed, something is not native; fix.

Back