Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I have a Broadcom BCM94352HMB installed in my Dell Latitude E6410 running Mojave 10.14.5. The combination of AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext resulted in working Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Hello! Below is my description. Please let me know if anything else is required to diagnose. I really appreciate the help provided to me and this community. The Hackintosh slice of internet is one of the greats.

1. Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem
    1. Completed Mojave install and bluetooth works well but wifi will not connect to any networks. I can see all of the networks and type in my password to them, but connection will fail every time.
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
    1. Mojave 10.14.5 | Z390 Aorus Pro (not wifi) | BIOS F9 | i9-9900k | Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+
    2. I am using the BCM943602CS card and the PCI-E x1 Adapter for PC/Hackintosh. It is positioned in PCIEx1_1. I have removed it and reseated the card (not the antenna leads though).
  3. Procedure/Guide used
    1. I followed Glasgoods install guide which originally had AirportBrcmFixup.kext but I have since removed it to see if it would work without.
    2. I attempted the first post fix after I removed AirportBrcmFixup.kext the first time but either messed it up or it did not help the no connectivity issue, likely the former.
  4. Attached is the problem report.

Attachments

• probreport.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 190
My laptop have Half Mini port I use M.2: BCM943602BAED/DW1830 along with "M.2(NGFF) WIFI WLAN Card Module to Mini PCI-E Express Adapter Converter" and I use Dremel to cut some of bottom laptop chasis cuz it's not fit on my laptop. And I got it natively working without any other modification just Like @toleda said. Thanks for this useful post

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 9.01.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 9.01.33 AM.png
    111 KB · Views: 214
Remove FakePCIID-Broadcom-WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext (if no other FakePCIID support kexts)
Restart, reply with new files
Ok. I think that I removed it before sending the last file batch, but copied the DPCI file before restarting that time. I have attached the new files and looked for the FakePCIID kexts. Cannot find any...

Attachments

• probreport.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 187
Ok. I think that I removed it before sending the last file batch, but copied the DPCI file before restarting that time. I have attached the new files and looked for the FakePCIID kexts. Cannot find any...

Fakepciidkexts would normally be in either Library/Extensions folder on main partiton or in the EFi Clover folder.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 8.22.08 PM.png

Go to top tool bar and select Finder then scroll to Preferences and click. Check the box next to Hard Disk, now all your drives will appear on the desktop. This makes it easier to find things.

Use EFI mounter to mount your EFI and check there as well, it will appear as a drive on the desktop.

Fakepciidkexts would normally be in either Library/Extensions folder on main partiton or in the EFi Clover folder.

View attachment 410829

Go to top tool bar and select Finder then scroll to Preferences and click. Check the box next to Hard Disk, now all your drives will appear on the desktop. This makes it easier to find things.

Use EFI mounter to mount your EFI and check there as well, it will appear as a drive on the desktop.

Thanks for the tip. They are not there. I am fairly certain I removed them. There is no mention of them in the DPCI bootleg.

Attachments

• probreport2.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
I think that I removed it before sending the last file batch
Not true, IOReg shows FakePCIID

Post #910 attachments:
IOReg shows IO80211Locale=RoW, not correct
IO80211Locale=FCC, correct for IO80211CountryCode=US
Not idea where that got set incorrectly
Suggesting updating AirportBrcmFixup.kext to latest
Restart, reply with new files

First and only report of Broadcom/CNVi socket success
Well I'm using Asrock z390 phantom itx, and this board ships with CNVI card, while the same slot support M2 A+E too. I replaced the stock CNVI Intel 9560 with a 94360CS2(with adapter), and it works.
I don't think this is very rare.

Back