Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Hello Everyone, I have install mojave recently and its working perfectly fine. The only issue I am facing is the bluetooth not showing in system report. I am using the native WIFI+Bluetooth card in my pc model broadcom bcm943602cs.

WiFI is working perfectly just not the bluetooth. Both WIFI and bluetooth was working in high sierra in the same pc but not in mojave.

I have tried RehabMan installed attached Kexts with kextbeast but no luck. Please help.

View attachment 400233

You shouldn't need those kexts for Apple branded Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards.

Most of the time, non-functional Bluetooth is due to incorrectly configured USB.

Can you guide how to fix it? It was working perfectly in High Sierra

You shouldn't need those kexts for Apple branded Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards.

Most of the time, non-functional Bluetooth is due to incorrectly configured USB.

Hi, any way to make handoff working on mojave?
I use bcm94352hmb

Thanks

Sorry to bother with a neophite question.
My only option for wifi/bt seems to be the available PCI-e x16 connector on my Aorus Z390 pro wifi motherboard, since the MB manual clearly states that the M.2 connector which came with a Intelwifi card cannot be used for other cards.
The simples option I found is to disable the internal Intel card and install a PCI-e adapter such as https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGG16KK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 or similar with a Broadband card, but all these adaptors are PCI-e x1 . Can I just connect these to the end of the x16 slot?

I have a BCM94360CD with product ID 4500 & vendor ID 0a5c. The bluetooth is product 828d / vendor 05ca. This is supposed to be & as far as I can tell is a real Apple card. WiFi works natively & bluetooth is supposed to as well but I can't ever get anything to show up in Bluetooth Preferences; it never picks up my devices.

I'm not sure what else to try here. I have a completely vanilla test install of 10.13.3 in addition to my main one & I suspect that a part of my Clover installation may be to blame because it's not working there either, although it has before. I searched Install OS X High Sierra.app with Pacifist for the word 'Bluetooth' and reinstalled every file it found. I did a reinstall on my own through Recovery mode as well.

I tried out BRCMPatchRam2.kext as well as & BRCMFirmwareRepo.kext in S/L/E, but when I run
Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]
nothing at ALL shows up in Terminal.

The bluetooth is connected with a 5 pin USB header to USB Mini adapter, and like I said it does show up in the menu bar & System Preferences.

My system is a 4590 running 10.13.3. I'm attaching a copy of my config.plist & IOReg, in case it's of any use..

Sorry to bother with a neophite question.
My only option for wifi/bt seems to be the available PCI-e x16 connector on my Aorus Z390 pro wifi motherboard, since the MB manual clearly states that the M.2 connector which came with a Intelwifi card cannot be used for other cards.
The simples option I found is to disable the internal Intel card and install a PCI-e adapter such as https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGG16KK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 or similar with a Broadband card, but all these adaptors are PCI-e x1 . Can I just connect these to the end of the x16 slot?
Well, I found confirmation elsewhere that I can indeed use any x1, x4 ou x8 board on s x16 slot. I will report the results when the board arrives.
Cheers.

Edit: Hardware problem.

Last edited:
@iSA08, try moving your PCIe adapter to another port.
On my Z170X-UD3, Wifi only works with the adapter plugged into PCIEX1_2 or PCIEX4 ports (It may also work in PCIEX1_1 port, but I've never tried)...

Z170X-UD3.png

Last edited:
Back