Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I recently got a Z390 M Gaming motherboard to play around with. First, I was unable to get the CNVi slot to work with a Dell DW1830 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. Neither Wi-Fi nor bluetooth worked.

So, your options are (1) PCI-e adaptor or (2) one of the m-key M.2 slots. Personally, I would just use a PCI-e adaptor in one of the PCI-e x1 slots. I wouldn't waste the M.2 slot on a device that just requires one lane.

As for which adaptor, I would look for one that uses Apple branded Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards. BCM94360CD and BCM94360CSAX can do 1300Mbps. BCM94360CS2 can do 857Mbps.

Hi thank you very much indeed, in this case I would like to use a BCM94360CS2 card and an 1X PCI Express adaptor, can you please give me the link of these two products there are so many and I am a little bit confues, I appreciate if you could help me with this, thanks.

Hi thank you very much indeed, in this case I would like to use a BCM94360CS2 card and an 1X PCI Express adaptor, can you please give me the link of these two products there are so many and I am a little bit confues, I appreciate if you could help me with this, thanks.

The sellers whom I purchased from in the past no longer sell them... But if you do a search on eBay or Amazon, you should find plenty...

The one's I've used look very similar to this:
278064-ed4d14d25cfcd65c902b5185dd5178d6.jpg

I installed Mojave, but I have a problem with Broadcom Ethernet Driver. Here is the report taken from AIDA64 on windows 10. I need some help about this ethernet driver.
--------[ Windows Network ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) ]
Network Adapter Properties:
Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Interface Type Bluetooth Ethernet
Hardware Address 6C-71-D9-B2-C1-B4
Connection Name Bluetooth Network Connection
Connection Speed 3 Mbps
MTU 1500 bytes
Bytes Received 0
Bytes Sent 0
[ Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter ]
Network Adapter Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter
Interface Type 802.11 Wireless Ethernet
Hardware Address 6C-71-D9-B2-C1-B5

Network Adapter Manufacturer:
Company Name Broadcom Corporation
Product Information Products
Driver Download Support
Driver Update http://www.aida64.com/driver-updates
[ Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter ]
Network Adapter Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter
Interface Type Unknown
Hardware Address 98-90-B4-52-45-56
Connection Name Cellular
MTU 1500 bytes
Bytes Received 0
Bytes Sent 0
[ Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 ]
Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Hardware Address 6E-71-D9-B2-41-B5
Connection Name Local Area Connection* 3
MTU 1500 bytes
Bytes Received 0
Bytes Sent 0
WLAN Properties:
Network Type Infrastructure
[ Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter ]
Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Hardware Address 6E-71-D9-B2-C1-B5
Connection Name Local Area Connection* 1
MTU 1500 bytes
Bytes Received 0
Bytes Sent 0

OK, I'm at the end of self-help and it's time to reach out for a lifeline. I've got "Wi-Fi: No hardware installed" in the Mojave 14.4 menu bar but the card is working on the Windows 10 boot. Here it is in DPCIManager:

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 8.20.23 AM.png

Hardware as in profile, TP Link Archer T6E in PCIEX1_1 slot, nothing shared with that PCI channel. As per guide, I used kext Beast to install the Airport BRCM fixup in Library/Extensions and I already have a recent version of Lilu. I added a US country code boot argument for the fixup.

Do I need to extract the DSDT and add it to my config?

Everybody said the T6E and similar work "out of the box" in Mojave (pre 14.4).

Hello everyone

I would like to share this.

When building my hackintosh with El Capitan years ago, I had bought a Wifi card with BCM94352Z chipset.
It worked, but did not survive some updates, so I did not waste more time on it.

Now, in the process of installing MOJAVE I was ready to spend some time to have a nice build.
As many users already reported in this forum, the BCM94352Z refused to work. Wifi was not present.

I finally fixed the issue with taping the pins 54 & 56.

Wifi is now fixed...

JF

Hello Everyone, I have install mojave recently and its working perfectly fine. The only issue I am facing is the bluetooth not showing in system report. I am using the native WIFI+Bluetooth card in my pc model broadcom bcm943602cs.

WiFI is working perfectly just not the bluetooth. Both WIFI and bluetooth was working in high sierra in the same pc but not in mojave.

I have tried RehabMan installed attached Kexts with kextbeast but no luck. Please help.

Back