Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

"Depending on the design, a M.2 socket may support both the CNVi and standard M.2 Key A or E for Intel® Wireless-AC 9260. We recommend you to contact your motherboard manufacturer to check if it is designed to support both the CNVi and generic M.2 Key A or E socket modules."
Coffee Lake, to date:
true: Asus, ASRock Gigabyte B360
not true: Gigabyte Z390 and H370/310 motherboards

Do any adapters work in the PCI-e x4 slot?

Hi all,

I've installed the BCM94360CD to PCI-e Adapter with BCM94360CDAX, I don't have any wifi patches, kexts. The wifi & bluetooth work, however the boot time is now crazy slow?

1. Device_ID is 43A0 (0x43a0 - BCM94360CD, 2.4/5 GHz, ac+abgn, 3 Stream, 1300 Mbs + BT4LE)
2. BCM20702B0 / Product ID: 33421 / Vendor ID: 1452

So from what I can see it's all supported, my guess is I've missed a setting?

@toleda
On page 1 of this thread, it states no support for Intel CNVi Wifi/Bluetooth. Where can I request help with BT using my Mobo's Intel CNVi chip? I'm also unable to BT with a Gmyle dongle, as suggested by another user.

Thanks for any guidance.

macOS does not support Intel CNVi, only option is to replace with Broadcom

Dang, the TMx86 hardware guide states: "Please note, the included Intel m.2 card includes both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but only the bluetooth features are available under macOS". Wish I'd known, too late now.

Likely Intel/Gmyle conflict

Is there a way to disable the Intel BT, thus removing the conflict? If I buy a Broadcom PCI Express Wifi/BT, will I have any conflict?

Remove Intel CNVi
Of course I just finished the build last weekend. Has anybody posted replacing the Intel M2 with a Broadcom in the same slot? If so, do you know the model? Ive seen a lot of chatter about cards that wont fit in the slot. I have one PCI vacant that I could use, if it boils down to it. Contemplating returning the dongle.
Thanks for the not so good news!

Back