Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Adapter will not support BT, no USB cable/connector
It does, also includes the cable.

No idea, return both
Suggestion, buy a Fenvi card with WiFi/BT included
Try Deals of the Day
That is an option, although I would prefer to shop in Europe to avoid customs charges, that makes navigating everything a bit harder.
Also, if I buy a Fenvi card, would I not just get exactly the same thing? The adapter is from Fenvi.
But I may go that route if I end up being unable to find a known good mini PCIe-card and/or a known good system to test my card in. I was mostly just hoping someone had a magic bios setting or something.

Nice to hear that! :) I'm using Mojave. No solution for sleep/wake yet (in HS I had no problem).
Actually, in HS everything worked like a charm. EFI attached ;)

Hi Kevin, I have a very similar setup here with the H370N-wifi and BCM94360CS2 module with the 2 adapters.

I am having a bad time on getting sleep to work. Any updates on this?

Thanks,
David

Hi Kevin, I have a very similar setup here with the H370N-wifi and BCM94360CS2 module with the 2 adapters.

I am having a bad time on getting sleep to work. Any updates on this?

Thanks,
David
Hello David,
in MacOS Mojave sleep is still not working. High Sierra works fine. I'll update if I have any progress, but for now do shutdown :)

Hi all,

I'm running into a major issue.

Based on the different guides out here, I bought a DW1560 as replacement for my ASUS UX305LA wifi card.

Yesterday I opened the laptop to install the wifi card. (Bad) surprise: the card did not seem to fit anywhere.

It looks like my laptop is a very specific model which has the wifi card somehow "soldered" to a board with the USB ports (cf images attached).

Apparently this is the model of the (very small) wifi card : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/int...Module-Bluetooth-4-0-2-4G-5G/32813893440.html

I did not find anyone else having this issue. I looked at this thread and none of the models suggested would seem to fit.

Also I would not even know how to replace it since it does not seem to be screwed to the board but glued or soldered...

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 158
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    216 KB · Views: 161
Hi all,

I'm running into a major issue.

Based on the different guides out here, I bought a DW1560 as replacement for my ASUS UX305LA wifi card.

Yesterday I opened the laptop to install the wifi card. (Bad) surprise: the card did not seem to fit anywhere.

It looks like my laptop is a very specific model which has the wifi card somehow "soldered" to a board with the USB ports (cf images attached).

Apparently this is the model of the (very small) wifi card : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/int...Module-Bluetooth-4-0-2-4G-5G/32813893440.html

I did not find anyone else having this issue. I looked at this thread and none of the models suggested would seem to fit.

Also I would not even know how to replace it since it does not seem to be screwed to the board but glued or soldered...

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

That's soldered in, I don't know if Broadcom has any boards in that form factor, but in any case replacing it would be a major operation that would need special equipment.

In other news, my board does work in another computer, so now to look for that magic BIOS setting. If that does not exist i guess I won a wireless card for the home server...

Fail, no kext fixes a hardware problem
M.2 Broadcom does not work in Gigabyte M.2 Intel/CNVi
Choices:
1. PCIe/M.2 KeyA+E adapter + USB
2. Other motherboard M.2/M.2 KeyM to M.2 KeyA+E adapter

OK but
User @infiniteman confirm that “dw1560 works on B360N ITX”
Another link from china confirm that bcm94352z works too.
Gigabyte B360N ITX has Intel CNVi WiFi…

Another interesting clue from INTEL support :

"Depending on the design, a M.2 socket may support both the CNVi and standard M.2 Key A or E for Intel® Wireless-AC 9260. We recommend you to contact your motherboard manufacturer to check if it is designed to support both the CNVi and generic M.2 Key A or E socket modules."

So it is possible to get compatibility standard M.2 Key A/E and CNVi...

That's soldered in, I don't know if Broadcom has any boards in that form factor, but in any case replacing it would be a major operation that would need special equipment.

OK that's what I thought... thanks for your reply... I'm returning the wifi card, and I guess that's the end of the MacOS adventure for me... :(

Back