Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Anyone ever seen a situation where a BCM94360CD doesn't work natively? It shows up correctly for Wifi, sees networks, tries to connect and quickly shuts completely Off again, this whole process is less than 4 seconds. Bluetooth doesn't show at all. I have it connected via a PCI-E mini adapter.

Any ideas?

Anyone ever seen a situation where a BCM94360CD doesn't work natively? It shows up correctly for Wifi, sees networks, tries to connect and quickly shuts completely Off again, this whole process is less than 4 seconds. Bluetooth doesn't show at all. I have it connected via a PCI-E mini adapter.

Any ideas?

Have you tried turning off your modem/router and waiting a few minutes then powering it up again. Sometimes too many devices logged in over time will use up all available lanes and a hard reset is needed to allow new devices to connect.

Thanks, way better now :thumbup:
are you running Mojave or still on high Sierra ?
I just upgraded to Mojave. Everything seems to be smooth, only sleep/wake issues.
Can you share your EFI folder to take a look at it
Nice to hear that! :) I'm using Mojave. No solution for sleep/wake yet (in HS I had no problem).
Actually in HS everything worked like a charm. EFI attached ;)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 83
I'm using a BCM94352Z DW1560 and have noticed when I use the boot argument brcmfx-country=GB my wifi speeds drop to 400Mbps however, omitting it and booting with the default (US) I'm able to achieve speeds of 867Mbps (as expected). Is there anyway I can get the correct country code to have full speed as well?
I noticed the same, installed tonight for the first time. Kept US as default for now.

Have you tried turning off your modem/router and waiting a few minutes then powering it up again. Sometimes too many devices logged in over time will use up all available lanes and a hard reset is needed to allow new devices to connect.
I tried it, same result.
USB cable connected to motherboard?
Absolutely, I tried different ports too. I'm wondering though, are the internal USB connectors subject to the same USB setup as everything else? Because some of my USB ports aren't fully working yet as I haven't worked through all the solutions yet. I wonder if this could also be preventing wifi/bt from working or is USB only used for power delivery?

I tried it, same result.

Absolutely, I tried different ports too. I'm wondering though, are the internal USB connectors subject to the same USB setup as everything else? Because some of my USB ports aren't fully working yet as I haven't worked through all the solutions yet. I wonder if this could also be preventing wifi/bt from working or is USB only used for power delivery?

WiFi should work off the PCIe slot the Bluetooth needs USB 2.0 power.

Hi, I've installed mojave (multibeast, clover) and can't get the BCM94352Z working with the method at the top of this thread... Is it cause of mojave? (noticed at the bottom "don't support 10.14")
I've installed the kexts according to instructions (kextbeast), checked no double BrcmFirmware or BrcmPatch, all seems to be installed ok, but no go... if it's a mojave problem, does anybody know are there updated kexts available?
Thanks..!

Back