Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Here is the report with the correct IOreg

Edit : sorry, wrong version see my post below

Last edited:
hi, i have a BCM943602CS combo wifi/bt board, and just installed mojave. It is recognized oob for both wifi and bt, but while bt seems to work fine, wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the time and I can't get internet access. it was working fine with el capitan.

so i tried following this thread and installed latest lilu and airportbcm fix kexts in L/E but after rebooting same problem :(

giggled for similar problems in this forum but didn't find anything?

any suggestion?

thanks a lot in advance and either way :)

hi, i have a BCM943602CS combo wifi/bt board, and just installed mojave. It is recognized oob for both wifi and bt, but while bt seems to work fine, wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the time and I can't get internet access. it was working fine with el capitan.

so i tried following this thread and installed latest lilu and airportbcm fix kexts in L/E but after rebooting same problem :(

giggled for similar problems in this forum but didn't find anything?

any suggestion?

thanks a lot in advance and either way :)

You don't need the airportbcm kext. The BRCM943602CS is natively supported by macOS.

As for disconnecting and reconnecting, I don't know. I guess you should check that the antennas, pigtail antennas, etc are connected well.

I don't see why updating from El Capitan to Mojave can mess with the reception.

This is the correct report with everything up to date

---
I have installed on my HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Mini 65W (Skylake version i5 6500 HD Graphics 530) a m.2 wifi-BT card with a Broadcom BCM94352Z.
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B079FQP3QR/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

I’m running Mojave.
USBinjectall have been customized with custom SSDT following the guide.

I followed this guide for Wifi injection (installed with kextbeast in L/E and country code booting) and BT injection (installed repo and ram2 in L/E with kextbeast).
Everything is fine with Wifi but I have no BT device detected. But I have in System Configuration > Hardware > USB a BCM20702A0 as USB BT.

Attachments

• report.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
This is the correct report with everything up to date

---
I have installed on my HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Mini 65W (Skylake version i5 6500 HD Graphics 530) a m.2 wifi-BT card with a Broadcom BCM94352Z.
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B079FQP3QR/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

I’m running Mojave.
USBinjectall have been customized with custom SSDT following the guide.

I followed this guide for Wifi injection (installed with kextbeast in L/E and country code booting) and BT injection (installed repo and ram2 in L/E with kextbeast).
Everything is fine with Wifi but I have no BT device detected. But I have in System Configuration > Hardware > USB a BCM20702A0 as USB BT.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_21279.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 98
F..k I installed BrcmNonPatchRAM2 instead of BrcmPatchRAM2. Thank you very much RehabMan for your help

F..k I installed BrcmNonPatchRAM2 instead of BrcmPatchRAM2. Thank you very much RehabMan for your help

Mistakes are why you should always double check your work.

You don't need the airportbcm kext. The BRCM943602CS is natively supported by macOS.

As for disconnecting and reconnecting, I don't know. I guess you should check that the antennas, pigtail antennas, etc are connected well.

I don't see why updating from El Capitan to Mojave can mess with the reception.

thanks for your answer. you made me remember that even with sierra the combo card worked fine and oob for some time than suddenly started behaving that way (continuous disconnects).
so I removed all kexts and did some tests and, incredible, it seems the problem is the hdmi cable connection! when i connect a monitor via dvi connection, WiFi works perfectly, if i connect my main tv/monitor via hdmi, i have the disconnecting problem!

never seen something like that, maybe a interference or the hdmi connector make some strange grounding.. will try to put the boards more far from each other and see if the hdmi connector touches the chassis in some metal part.. thanks again!

Back